www.outdoorbits.com

Sister shop to Motorhome Facts icampsites usb portable campsite database for windows mac and linux
iCampsites USB

A portable USB campsite database with over 9200 campsites and free updates!

Motorhome Insurance

motorhome insurance quote online
Phone on 0208 9845311

Motorhome Chat Rooms

Motorhome Chat

11 Chat Rooms
12 Members connected
6 members chatting

Chat Now

Campsite Reviews

Castle View Review Photo

Review of:
Castle View

Sparta

Greek Campsite Greece

Full Details

Motorhome Garage

1979 Mercedes-Benz Autotrail Cherokee
1979 Mercedes-Benz Autotrail Cherokee motorhome
Owned by Missemma
Updated 19/12/2011

2010 Autotrail Apache 700 SE
2010 Autotrail Apache 700 SE motorhome
Owned by spiritoftheblues
Updated 21/02/2012

2011 Bessacarr e560
2011 Bessacarr e560 motorhome
Owned by bob8925
Updated 28/04/2012

Latest Classified Ads

test1
by nukeadmin

Motorhome Ads

Motorhome Facts :: View topic - Motorhomeing for singles.

Advertise Here
Welcome to Motorhomefacts, we are a thriving motorhome community (Largest in Europe). Why Not JOIN NOW and get instant access to more of the website. It costs nothing to join and only takes a few minutes.
We have 200,000 different people visiting our site monthly and this amount of motorhomers in one place guarantees a fast response to any questions you may have. We also have unique facilities not found elsewhere such as our Online Logbook, stopover tracker, Motorhome directory with Ebay type feedback and the largest repository of motorhome campsites reviews found anywhere

Rally News Next Rally is @ The Motorhome Show Season Finale, Lincoln on 25/09/2014 in lincolnshire

Tweet This Topic Facebook del.icio.us digg blogmarks Furl Reddit technorati Yahoo Google View previous topic View next topic

Motorhomeing for singles.
480228 Post Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:45 am Thank this member for this postReply with quote Add User to Ignore List Back To Top

emkay  

MH: Swift Bolero

Campsites

Sad Unfortunately I have recently and very suddenly become widowed. I have an Autocruise Wentworth regd Apr 2007. I also am trying to come to terms with being a single motor homer. I would like feedback to my questions.
1.I am fit and active and 70 yrs young male ( a recycled teenager)
2. Do I sell up and move on finding other pursuits?
3. Do I find another like minded single to fill the empty space?
4. Are there any singles clubs or activities for single motorhomers.
5. Does the outdoor life still have something to offer me?

Any feedback will be carefully considered.
EMKAY

480232 Post Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:53 am Thank this member for this postReply with quote Add User to Ignore List Back To Top

Zebedee Subscriber 13/09/2016 

MH: Autosleeper Nuevo II

Campsites

blank.gif

Hi Emkay, and welcome to the club.

Very sorry to hear of your loss, but the simple answers to your questions (in my opinion) are as follows.

1.I am fit and active and 70 yrs young male ( a recycled teenager) Quite a lot of us are around your age, and not all are fit and active. Score +1

2. Do I sell up and move on finding other pursuits? Not if you enjoy motorhoming, and you wouldn't have asked if you didn't. Score +1

3. Do I find another like minded single to fill the empty space? Who knows? Why not? Score zero (none of my business)

4. Are there any singles clubs or activities for single motorhomers. Plenty, but I don't know where to advise you to look. Someone else will though - there are some single members here. Score +1

5. Does the outdoor life still have something to offer me? I bloody well hope so as I'm not far behind you!!!! Score as many as you like!

480235 Post Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:03 am Thank this member for this postReply with quote Add User to Ignore List Back To Top

Zoe  

Motorhome Facts User without an Avatar

MH: Sea Dinghy 3 called Fanny

Campsites

blank.gif

I don't think you really need to find single persons clubs, I feel quite comfortable going to rallies and sites on my own without the Husband. Everyone talks to each other whether your alone or a couple, and as for age, whats that got to do with it?
Come back and have some fun Very Happy

480237 Post Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:12 am Thank this member for this postReply with quote Add User to Ignore List Back To Top

viator  

MH: Autocruise Accent

Campsites

scotland.gif

Hi emkay,
I found myself in a similar situation some years ago, went solo for a while, then met someone outside of camping who took to it like the proverbial duck to water, oh and incidentally at 70 you are only a pup.
viator
 Singles
480245 Post Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:22 am Thank this member for this postReply with quote Add User to Ignore List Back To Top

dinger Subscriber 05/10/2014 

MH: Hymer B584 2007

Campsites

blank.gif

Hi Emkay

Sorry to hear of your sad loss.

I think the old saying " time is a great healer " is very true.

lady Dinger and I are relatively new to this , but the one thing we both enjoy about it , is the fact it has so many ages and people from different walks of life participating in it.

So, being positive , if you travel to rallies or meets or events you will always find like minded people.

Do you have a hobby , for example fishing ,model boats , planes , motor sport or cycling where you can incorporate the use of the van into another
activity.

This forum is excellent for getting assistance , meeting people etc so although you might not think it, this is agood place to seek inspiration.

Hope you get use of the van and give it time to work things out.

Dinger.........

480249 Post Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:28 am Thank this member for this postReply with quote Add User to Ignore List Back To Top

geraldandannie  

MH: Chausson - Welcome 76

Campsites

eu.gif

We do have a great number of solo motorhomers on here, who either join in the discussions, or not, and attend some of our rallies and meets, or not.

Sorry for your loss, but I can see no reason why you shouldn't continue to use your van.

Try a Google search for something like
Only registered users can see links on our Forum
Join Now or Login
for some information.

Gerald
 Re: Motorhomeing for singles.
480252 Post Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:29 am Thank this member for this postReply with quote Add User to Ignore List Back To Top

hilldweller  

MH: Burstner A530

Campsites

uk.gif

emkay wrote:

3. Do I find another like minded single to fill the empty space?
EMKAY

Young, Swedish, Blond, Athletic.

A week to get the smile off your face and fortnight to close the coffin.

Go for it.

480253 Post Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:29 am Thank this member for this postReply with quote Add User to Ignore List Back To Top

Alfa_Scud  

MH: Ace Capri

Campsites

england.gif

Hiya Emkay & welcome,
Very sorry to hear about your recent loss. I recently lost my mother-in-law, & both my wife & father-in-law were (& still are) devastated.

Alan's in a similar position to yourself, albeit with a static van, but he wanted rid of the 'van purely because of the memories he had whilst in it. However, without wishing to sound blunt, I personally think if you can deal with it, then you almost have a "built in" friend / companion with you in your van on your travels.

As for finding singles groups, I would say maybe not. Singles are everywhere, why just surround yourself with them. If you're going to make new friends the best ones may turn out to be couples or families; they won't just talk to you because they feel sorry for you, it'll be because you're friendly (if you are Very Happy ).

Do you find someone else - DO YOU HELL AS LIKE!!! Although, in time, you may do. In the meantime, it's not a race, don't make it one.

Sell up? only if YOU want to, by no means SHOULD you sell up!!

The outdoors still has loads to offer - my Father-in-law has started walking with the local groups, he plays bridge (OK that's indoors, but you get my drift!!), & is trying to pick up the pieces.

You're not expected to get over it, but you must carry on, not punish yourself by depriving yourself of a hobby that you obviously enjoy.

Sorry if I sound to be lecturing you, I don't mean it like that

Smile

Last edited by Alfa_Scud on Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total

480260 Post Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:34 am Thank this member for this postReply with quote Add User to Ignore List Back To Top

Gonewiththewind  

MH: Pilote Debut

Campsites

england.gif

EMKAY, join the club. I lost my wife 5 years ago and still miss her madly.I think the old saying " time is a great healer " is very true.
If that is so I haven't reached the "time" yet.
Mores to the point We were tuggers but found it too much messing about, so I got me a Motor home, and boy, do I enjoy. Lonely, yes of cause it is , not a moment gos by, that she is not in my mind. But I know that her spirit travels with me. Keep it, enjoy it, and as some one has already said, you are never alone with Forum Meets. Search for "The Loners Group" Joined them , but found them to be a bit to much of a rigid rule group. I enjoy the Forum Meets, good crowd and great to be with.
 motorhomeing for singles
480261 Post Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:34 am Thank this member for this postReply with quote Add User to Ignore List Back To Top

dragabed  

MH: hymer

Campsites

blank.gif

sorry to here of your recent loss i would say don t sell it use it as a tool to move on and provide you with an interest,a motivation, a tardus for meeting others,a holiday home, along term winter hide-a -way in warmer climbs,find new interests use the van as a base ,a hub for all things but don t sell it
good luck and god bless
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Members do not see the Adverts Below