Updated 14/08/2009

Motorhome Travel Blogs

Latest Classified Ads

test1
by nukeadmin

Motorhome Ads

Motorhome Facts :: View topic - Autosleeper Executive gross vehicle weight

Advertise Here
Welcome to Motorhomefacts, we are a thriving motorhome community (Largest in Europe). Why Not JOIN NOW and get instant access to more of the website. It costs nothing to join and only takes a few minutes.
We have 200,000 different people visiting our site monthly and this amount of motorhomers in one place guarantees a fast response to any questions you may have. We also have unique facilities not found elsewhere such as our Online Logbook, stopover tracker, Motorhome directory with Ebay type feedback and the largest repository of motorhome campsites reviews found anywhere

Rally News Next Rally is @ HALLOWEEN & CHRISTMAS SHOPPING Newlands, Wellesbourne,Warks on 31/10/2014 in Warwickshire

Tweet This Topic Facebook del.icio.us digg blogmarks Furl Reddit technorati Yahoo Google View previous topic View next topic

Autosleeper Executive gross vehicle weight
412129 Post Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:38 pm Thank this member for this postReply with quote Add User to Ignore List Back To Top

joeirish  

MH: none

Campsites

ireland.gif

Well we finally did it and are about to become the owners of an Autosleeper Executive, 1998 on a Peugeot Boxer 2.5TD base vehicle. We are importing it to Ireland in a couple of weeks and looking forward to doing some touring. It's been 23 years since our last MH, a VW Devon conversion.

I am trying to start the process of registering the MH in Ireland before the MH gets here and the authorities have been very helpful. I now need the gross vehicle weight. Does anybody on this forum know what this is?

Thanks

Joe

PS Interestingly 'Ireland' comes up on the spell check with no suggestions
Confused
 Autosleeper Executive 1998
412140 Post Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:56 pm Thank this member for this postReply with quote Add User to Ignore List Back To Top

smick Subscriber 11/01/2015 

MH: Rapido 942M

Campsites

blank.gif

GVW was given as 3200g in July 99, which is the earliest I have. Can't think it would be different to that.

Smick

412155 Post Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:22 pm Thank this member for this postReply with quote Add User to Ignore List Back To Top

joeirish  

Campsites

ireland.gif

Thanks Smick. Just the information I needed.
 Autosleeper Executive
570276 Post Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:33 pm Thank this member for this postReply with quote Add User to Ignore List Back To Top

RubyTuesday  

MH: Autosleeper

Campsites

blank.gif

Hiya
I have been following your discussion around the purchase of the autosleeper and as I too am thinking of buying an Autosleeper Executive I would be really interested to know how you are getting along with it. As I am originally from Ireland I am hoping to go back there touring and I was wondering how you found the size on the Irish roads.

Would be really grateful for your thoughts and new experience.

Thanks
RubyTuesday

570282 Post Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:38 pm Thank this member for this postReply with quote Add User to Ignore List Back To Top

Zebedee Subscriber 13/09/2016 

MH: Autosleeper Nuevo II

Campsites

blank.gif

Hi Ruby

The size would be great for Irish roads. Very Happy

It's quite a bit narrower than many vans, and having last year thoroughly enjoyed a (sometimes terrifying Shocked ) touring holiday in Ireland, that slightly slimmer girth would have been very welcome on the very narrow roads. Rolling Eyes Wink

Dave
 Re: Autosleeper Executive
570344 Post Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:09 pm Thank this member for this postReply with quote Add User to Ignore List Back To Top

joeirish  

Campsites

ireland.gif

RubyTuesday wrote:
Hiya
I have been following your discussion around the purchase of the autosleeper and as I too am thinking of buying an Autosleeper Executive I would be really interested to know how you are getting along with it. As I am originally from Ireland I am hoping to go back there touring and I was wondering how you found the size on the Irish roads.

Would be really grateful for your thoughts and new experience.

Thanks
RubyTuesday

HI

Been using it for a while now and no problems but then we are used to small Irish rural roads in our car. Just take it easy and be prepared to back up into a gateway if required. At least you are high enough to see anything really big and tractors will almost always just drive into a ditch to let you past.

JOe
 Re: Autosleeper Executive 1998
570350 Post Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:20 pm Thank this member for this postReply with quote Add User to Ignore List Back To Top

joeirish  

Campsites

ireland.gif

smick wrote:
GVW was given as 3200g in July 99, which is the earliest I have. Can't think it would be different to that.

Smick

Ahhhhh. Just saw this post again and following my problems thought best to post an update.

I bought our Executive based on the gross weight being 3200kg. In fact the ACTUAL weight of our van was 2789kg. That meant the import duty was not €50 (as this only applied to vehicles over 3000kg) but 13.5% of the assessed value of the vehicle, i.e. €3250. A costly mistake.

So to others thinking of doing this be warned that the GVW is the maximum safe amount that the chassis can carry, it is NOT the actual weight of the van. (I eventually found all this information in the van handbook, which I only read once I became the owner of the Executive).

570352 Post Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:22 pm Thank this member for this postReply with quote Add User to Ignore List Back To Top

carol Subscriber 08/01/2050 

MH: Esterel

Campsites

england.gif

We have toured Ireland in two different Hymers, a 564 (1990) and a 640B (2001), the latter being longer.

We drove the coast roads both time, around in a circle, spending about 7 weeks each time, we had no problems whatsoever with the width or length - except on going out on the Goat's Track in the south west corner - managed it but not too much to spare on some of the bends...would do it all again in an even longer van.

The roads were (last time 2003) something else, things like the sink covers came off and cutlery made lots of noise, but you got used to it.

I wouldn't worry about it at all

Carol

wav

Wishing you the Best
Opportunity never goes away!
It just goes to someone else!

Thinking of Peter, Fiona, Chris,UncleNorm and Viv, but still Fighting with Mavis, Ray, and Paul (Otto)

For friends
Only registered users can see links on our Forum
Join Now or Login
Please leave comments if you wish.

Re: Autosleeper Executive 1998
570359 Post Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:30 pm Thank this member for this postReply with quote Add User to Ignore List Back To Top

joeirish  

Campsites

ireland.gif

smick wrote:

Smick

Ahhhhh. Just saw this post again and following my problems thought best to post an update.

I bought our Executive based on the gross weight being 3200kg. In fact the ACTUAL weight of our van was 2789kg. That meant the import duty was not €50 (as this only applied to vehicles over 3000kg) but 13.5% of the assessed value of the vehicle, i.e. €3250. A costly mistake.

So to others thinking of doing this be warned that the GVW is the maximum safe amount that the chassis can carry, it is NOT the actual weight of the van. (I eventually found all this information in the van handbook, which I only read once I became the owner of the Executive).
Members do not see the Adverts Below