Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

I'm looking for a Widescreen 15" 12v/240v Flat Screen TV for the MH. I want built in Freeview & DVD player and max sizes of 400mm Wide x 400mm High. Would also like VGA Input and VESA wall mount option.

I've been looking on Fleabay but I'd sooner go with a recommend from a "Propper" shop.

Has anyone recently bought or know of a model that fits my needs please? Any links, model numbers, reviews etc etc gratefully received.

Thanks

·
Registered
293 Posts
Hi

Matsui M16LID709 - 16" LCD DVD Freeview HD ready HDMI [12V via a 240V adapter] £149 from Currys [2 months ago]

Regards

Dave

P.S. Excellent picture in mine & other half's opinion

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dougle said:
Hi

Matsui M16LID709 - 16" LCD DVD Freeview HD ready HDMI [12V via a 240V adapter] £149 from Currys [2 months ago]

Regards

Dave

thanks for that. I'm really looking for one that has it's own 12v Cigar Lighter type plug-in lead, to run straight off the Leisure Battery.

Should have been more specific, eh?

thanks anyway, for your input.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have just puchased off EBay a 19' HD LCD TV DVD Freeview 240 12V Caravan 12 Volt I had no trouble what so ever fast posting as well, and I see he is selling 15" HD LCD TV DVD Freeview 240/12 volts for £152.00, with £10.00 delivery, Item number: 110396438185

Peter

·
Registered
5,965 Posts
Double-Entendre said:
Dougle said:
Hi

Regards

Dave

thanks for that. I'm really looking for one that has it's own 12v Cigar Lighter type plug-in lead, to run straight off the Leisure Battery.

The Matsui is easily convertible and will save you loads of money over a "dedicated" 12V TV.
Picture quality and usability on the Matsui is excellent and it was designed specifically for the european market and developed in the UK. Unlike most of the Chinese products.
Gerry

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Matsui is easily convertible and will save you loads of money over a "dedicated" 12V TV.
Picture quality and usability on the Matsui is excellent and it was designed specifically for the european market and developed in the UK. Unlike most of the Chinese products.
Gerry[/quote]

Hmmm, convertible eh?

How would you go about that then? and would it invalidate any warranty?

Currys have stopped selling the Matsui in question but there is another online store with it. I want to plug the TV into a cigarette lighter 12V socket that comes off my leisure battery.

If it can be easily converted, it seems like a better set than the Ebay one (That is a "Returned" item)

Let me know please (And tell me like I'm six years old will ya?)

Thanks

·
Registered
5,965 Posts
First point here is that the only online stores that can sell the Matsui brand new with full warranty are Currys, Dixons, PC World and Pixmania. Any other store has bought returned stock and is selling them refurbished.

To convert the Matsui you will need to make a new 12V lead. The 12V input on the Matsui is a standard 4pin DIN plug of which only 2 pins need to be wired. From memory pin 1 is positive and pin 2 is negative, but I can confirm that if you need me to.

Gerry

·
Registered
60 Posts
Makro telly dvd combo is Akura brand. I am looking one sat on the floor next to me in it's box bought new last week for £109.00 + vat for my new instalation having missed the special offer by one day - Typical!

Hope to get it done this week along with fitting new double leisure batterys.

Will report back later!

Regard Simon

·
Registered
165 Posts
We bought from wedodigital a 15inch" all singing all dancing" television, it even records freeview, and the picture at Newbury show was unbelievable! It was just like 3D. It was £239, but worth every penny, especially when we're not very technical, and just need an on/off switch!

·
Registered
165 Posts
We bought from wedodigital a 15inch" all singing all dancing" television, it even records freeview, and the picture at Newbury show was unbelievable! It was just like 3D. It was £239, but worth every penny, especially when we're not very technical, and just need an on/off switch!

·
Registered
633 Posts
Double-Entendre said:
Dougle said:
Hi

Regards

Dave

Check out "Amperor" for 12v regulated power supply. Plugs into lighter socket and away you go. No telly switching off when a tap is turned on or the tilet is flushed etc. Great piece of kit for about £40.

·
Registered
5,965 Posts
freelanderuk said:
Gerryd is this one adaptable to 12v

Logik L17LID648 black 17" digital LCD TV and DVD combi

this is from currys and at £136.99 dosnt seem a bad price

cheers
Unfortunately, this one was developed in the far east. Certainly the 628 is 12V, but not sure whether they came from the same factory.
Gerry

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
GerryD said:
freelanderuk said:
Gerryd is this one adaptable to 12v

Logik L17LID648 black 17" digital LCD TV and DVD combi

this is from currys and at £136.99 dosnt seem a bad price

cheers
Unfortunately, this one was developed in the far east. Certainly the 628 is 12V, but not sure whether they came from the same factory.
Gerry
Hi. Can you confirm for sure that the Currys Logik L15LID628 is 12V because I'm about to cancel the one I've ordered! Oh, and does the stand tilt?

WEDODIGITAL are a nightmare to deal with!

I ordered the Meos all singing 15" TV DVD Combo on 9th June, stock was due in in 2 days and Delivery is quoted as "Next Day" and will "Leave within 24 hours of arriving in stock".

They happily took my payment on the Card and put the charge through.

It is now 18th and I am still waiting! The stock due date has fluctuated between 2 and 4 days ever since my order and now says "Ariving Soon". They were most unhelpful when I phoned them yesterday, claiming that they couldn't find out about when it was due in. Like shipments have no Tracking Info? Right?

I'm still waiting for a call back but I'm not hopeful.

If they hadn't have taken payment, it wouldn't be so bad, and they could tell me when to expect it but I really feel like they've taken my money under false pretences of when the TV will arrive.

I'd avoid wedodigital like the plague (Though the TV seems the dogs and I can't find it elsewhere)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.