Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 1994 Talbot Express Autohome Highwayman2,thats a mouthful,fridge I am not getting 12 volts at the input terminals.Can find nothing in the engine bay that looks like a fuse or a relay for this supply.Anyone any idea were they might be for it seams unlikely they would have fitted a cable without fusing it.
Viv

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
Yep - 12v will only be present when the engine is running & drawing current from the alternator - to draw it from the engine battery would very quickly run it down to zero !

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your help,I've found the relays but there are no fuses to either the fridge or leisure circuits. The charging relay works and charges the leisure battery.Will check out the fridge relay tomorrow.Then I will fit fuses in each cable.
Viv

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Hi, Don't know a lot about electrics (Nowt actually) but I know that mine has a special fuse on the elektroblok for the fridge, It is marked as "AES Fuse" could be worth a look and try.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Finally cleared it all up.There was a fuse box,at the front left hand side.All the wires were green so thought it was an earth box.Cleaned all fuses and connecter and everything now OK.Thanks everyone for all your help.
Viv

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.