Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have just recently purchased a Hymer MH and would like to look at having a 360 degree camera system fitted. I have one on my car and it is brilliant it was already fitted when we bought it. So looking online this morning Omni vue and V Tech seem to be the main units out there. Any of you using either or are there others to consider ? TIA 馃憤

Premium Member
2017 Hymer Exsis-i 504
Is this for security or for manoeuvring? I think a few folk have them but it's not very common. Sorry I can't help with recommendations.

Premium Member
I'm puzzled, how do you site a 360 degree camera? Is it a series of cameras?

Reactions: GMJ

Premium Member
2017 Hymer Exsis-i 504
I think you have front, rear and 2 sited high one each side. I think it gives like a composite bird's eye view of your position.

Premium Member
I was picturing a Google Earth type camera mounted on the roof although I have only seen the shadow of the device in, as I said, a shadow.

Premium Member
I much prefer reversing using wing mirrors than the inbuilt cameras. But a rear camera can see that last few inches between you and that wall.

Ray.

Premium Member
Yes wing mirrors, reversing camera and reversing sensors for me too Ray...plus jumping out of the cab to check.

Still have the odd near miss/not so near miss though :D

Reactions: greygit
1 - 9 of 9 Posts