Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For your information
The current edition, No. 171of Camping-Car Magazine for June 2005 has a cut out section which lists all the 460 free aires de services throughout France.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hi Loury777'
I would suggest that the majority of motorhome travellers who go to France have a very limited or no knowledge of the French language, that includes us.
The Aires guides give the location so we usually drive to the village and look for blue motorhome signs, if we cannot find them find a young person, and point to the page and information in the book and make gestures that indicate we are trying to find the place, they have always been pleased to help.
Its the challenge of getting by with restricted language that makes motorhoming such fun
Have a go and enjoy yourself. Thelma and Ray

·
Registered
660 Posts
Gillian/Autostratus

:wink: Any chance you could post the page up here so I could copy it?

It's not that I'm tight fisted you understand, it's just that I've lost the key to my wallet. :?

It's good to see your pic gallery back on line.

My apologies if this is not a post by Gillian/Autostratus.

Kind regards,

Texas

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi There all. Being new to the internet and computer, I have been trying in vain to get information by ways of a book or magazine on Aires de services gratuit.
Please if anybody has any information regarding where i can purchase either I would be most grateful.
Thank you for your help.

Stormy

·
Registered
113 Posts
Go to www.amazon.fr and in the search bar (Recherche Rapide) type in Aires de service Camping-Car and this will find you the entry. The cost is around €8 plus postage and you save about €0.40 on the cover price. You may have to vary the wording, as they have been changing the title of the guide in the last few years. If you are familiar with the Amazon uk website the french one shouldn't cause you any problems. The 2006 edition should be out in March. The 2005 edition is still available to-day on Amazon.fr..

Brian

·
Premium Member
10,296 Posts
Hi stormy and welcome to MHFacts;

The 'Guide Officiel Aires De Services Camping-car' book lists the majority (but not all) aires in France, on some you have to pay a small fee and some are free.

If you've never experienced aires before, have a quick look at my miniguide...

http://www.motorhomefacts.com/modules.php?name=Aires

The book is available over here from;
Camping & Travel guides
Chesil Lodge
West Bexington
Dorset
DT2 9DG
01308 898132

£9.75 inc p&p

2006 version is published 2 mar 06 and tends to sell out fairly quick.

Or, if you don't mind paying online you'll probably get it quicker (and a little cheaper) via this link..

http://www.campingfrance.com/campingenfrance.jsp?idPage=63

In addition to Ladybirds info about the excellent campincar-infos website, you can also purchase a complete list of aires from them on cd rom, very handy if you tour abroad with a laptop.

pete.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.