Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticed, if we carry on as usual we should have 500 members by ?
midnight, ?
Any takers?
8)

· Premium Member
10,389 Posts
No, but I wonder if there is any mechanism in the site for Nuke to e-mail all members that the 500 has been achieved (when it has) as it's is some sort of milestone.

This could be accompanied by a request that the early members may like to log on if they haven't done so for some time as the boards have become more lively and they may well have something to contribute.

It wasn't much fun to open up and see no posts since last visit even after a few days.

Gillian

· Premium Member
10,389 Posts
Thanks for that Nuke.
The greater the number of people who contribute the livlier the boards are and it must be more rewarding for you after the work you put in.

Gillian

· Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah good one nuke.
incidentally I put a reference to Mhs link to the log cabin on wheels on another site naming no names [ well alright a clue it has initials ukcs] but cos I didn't find the original link gave the credit to Mhs and this site.
We got censored - :angryfire: how sad can you get! Didn't realise there was a limited number of users to go around. i like dipping into all the different sites - -guess the secret police are agin that too :brave:
8)

· Vendor
12,382 Posts
lol, yep some websites and I know exactly which one u mean do a lot of moderation of their forums,

I on the other hand have a more relaxed attitude, and my companion moderator dodger is the same.

If the forum started to get advertisement central for other sites then we may have to rethink this policy but atm no probs at all ;)

· Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Perhaps they should spend more time moderating the ranters? :?

Lots of users inhabit several sites, the names crop up and we move around.

still, 498 down - welcome to Jimbob, and two to go! :p

· Registered
1,745 Posts
I think this site is popular cos its "homely" everybody has there say, no tempers lost, everyones opinion valid.

I have unsubscribed to one of Gills haunts due to the junk that that site generated into my MailWasher, no names but its a well known USA hoster.

There was another "friendly" group that suddenly went off air, Twooks and possibly others were on it OkToGo, John like David had put a lot into it but then bingo, gone. He had some hassel with email from ????

I hope this site can remain as it is as membership increases

· Premium Member
10,389 Posts
dodger148 said:
I think this site is popular cos its "homely" everybody has there say, no tempers lost, everyones opinion valid.

I have unsubscribed to one of Gills haunts due to the junk that that site generated into my MailWasher, no names but its a well known USA hoster.
If it's the one I think it is. It went downhill from the time the owner was persuaded to let the members get as far as they liked off topic.
That particular site was a goldmine of information for me, as you know and I regret it's degeneration. I do still try to read the posts but it is getting increasingly hard to sort the wheat from the chaff.

Gillian

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.