Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could be me but I've never seen an advert about someone scrapping old motorhomes. There must be some somewhere. I'm looking for an old autotrail from the mid eighties. It wouldn't surprise me if there weren't any as there good vans, but there could be unfortunate writeoffs somewhere. I'm sure I saw one on the tele the other night, two blokes were standing in a scrapyard talking (one of those cop programmes), and there was a motorhome in the background which looked like an autotrail but I only got a glimpse of it and they didn't show it again.
Must be one somewhere. I'm after daft things like light fittings and window catches which one can't get anymore. Unless of course you know different!

Coasty
:roll:

·
Registered
925 Posts
Hi Coasty,
Please excuse my ignorance, but would not the factory have built from C*****n` parts available so to speak `off the shelf`.
Auto trail were a small business in those days I believe and although produced `bespoke` models I would not have thought they made sufficient quantities to be able to have special fittings made, or perhaps I am wrong!
Malc

·
Registered
903 Posts
Hi coasty,

I think what Malc means is that most parts are used in all vans,say the same tap would be used in Compass,Auto-trail,Elddis etc,from same manufacturer,what bits are you looking for.

There is a breaker in Ramsgate and one in Luton,sorry thats all i know.

·
Registered
22 Posts
80`s autotrail anyone scrapping one

there is a caravan breakers in pontypool,been going years,i think they also have motorhomes,,( if you had a hymer you would be able to buy what you wanted even a yard of material for early models)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.