Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello to all ! just realized tha my '93 Fleetwood Coronado has no driver or passenger shoulder harnesses.i thought this would be illegal even that far back.nothing has been
removed so this was an original design.tried searching for structural info to determine if
there is enough support in the sidewalls to mount them but could find nothing.would
appreciate any help.thank you. [email protected]

·
Premium Member
36,026 Posts
hello to all ! just realized tha my '93 Fleetwood Coronado has no driver or passenger shoulder harnesses.i thought this would be illegal even that far back.nothing has been
removed so this was an original design.tried searching for structural info to determine if
there is enough support in the sidewalls to mount them but could find nothing.would
appreciate any help.thank you. [email protected]
Welcome. I suggest you post your query on a US based RV site. Nobody here will know much about you van.

Regards, Alan.

·
Registered
6,089 Posts
Welcome!
I cannot speak for your exact situation but as a rule, legislation is not backdated, so in '93 when your van first went on the road, if (if) there was not a requirement to have fixed seat belts, legally you should be OK!
However, the reason for wearing seatbelts remains. High vehicle like trucks may also be outside of the requirement.

Alan

·
Premium Member
36,026 Posts
Welcome!
I cannot speak for your exact situation but as a rule, legislation is not backdated, so in '93 when your van first went on the road, if (if) there was not a requirement to have fixed seat belts, legally you should be OK!
However, the reason for wearing seatbelts remains. High vehicle like trucks may also be outside of the requirement.

Alan
Remember that the OP is in the US. I've no idea what the laws there may say.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.