Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, now on my 2nd Hymer, a 1995 - 564, but have still not found an answer to the accelerator pedal foot ache on long journeys.

And, this is notwithstanding the myriad of height and adjustments available on the seat mechanisms. Alternatively, it could be just me getting older. Any suggestions?

Regards

Geoff123

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
When I had my 544 I solved the problem by fitting an 'organ pedal'.
This was a kit I bought from a motor accessory shop,it was a hinge that screwed to the floor and a pedal that rested on the accelerator. It took about 30 minutes to fit.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Organ Pedal

bigfoot said:
When I had my 544 I solved the problem by fitting an 'organ pedal'.
This was a kit I bought from a motor accessory shop,it was a hinge that screwed to the floor and a pedal that rested on the accelerator. It took about 30 minutes to fit.
Thanks, can you let me know where you purchased, if poss?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cruise Control

geraldandannie said:
Hi Geoff, and welcome to the forum :D

No real (or helpful) suggestions, I'm afraid. We have cruise control on our van, and wouldn't have a van without it now. I use it a lot.

Gerald
Thanks....It might come to that, will try Bigfoot's Organ Pedal first though...Cheers.

·
Premium Member
2,521 Posts
Old age may certainly be a problem, but join the club (sadly, no refunds available, only discontinuation of membership :lol: )

I invested £300 approx in a retro-fit cruise control and it made the world of difference. Last week I was in a lot of slow moving traffic for about an hour and boy was it painful!

My theory is that the angle between my leg and the throttle pedal is much larger than in a car, where a more reclining position is effected. That is the cause of the problem, but I'd love to know if the organ pedal works.

Good luck - Gordon

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Gordon,

Thanks for that, I will keep you informed on the Organ Pedal idea, let me know where to send you my complimentary free bus pass...LOL, yep, we still get them in Wales, by default in my case though, they simply "must" have made an admin error.

Geoff123

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Very flexible shoes might be fine for racing drivers but are no good for long distances. The less flexible the better and have the same effect as an organ pedal. I also noticed that a thick carpet under my accelerator heel gave me a better and less tiresome angle.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
BillCreer said:
Very flexible shoes might be fine for racing drivers but are no good for long distances. The less flexible the better and have the same effect as an organ pedal. I also noticed that a thick carpet under my accelerator heel gave me a better and less tiresome angle.
Thanks and noted.......My guess from the number of responses, is that it isn't just me getting old, lol…that pedal angle really is a pain.....Cheers

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
I bought my pedal kit from an independent store called Motorvation in Wirral. I don't know if Delfin Designs are still going,if so they may have some ideas. As for cruise control, I have it and its brilliant depending on clear roads and it isn't effective at low speeds.

·
Registered
20,116 Posts
do I assume that the pedal hangs down from the top, in the same cage that holds the brake and clutch pedals.or could you possibly post a picture of it please. it seems that so many of you suffer the same there must be a solution.or just pm the pics if you wish.thanks.

cabby

oh yes, is the pedal and arm all one piece, or can one remove the actual pedal plate.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.