Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
After our first weekend away in our new MH, we realise that there is a number of items that we need to purchase to make our trips a little more comfortable, also as we are planning to go full time at the end of the year we are looking to buy a sattelite system, solar panel, generator etc, so we can be self sufficient. We are looking for an accessory shop, that stocks most items, in the Cornwall/Devon area. Any suggestions please?

·
Registered
890 Posts
Depends where you are in Cornwall, There is a dealer at Scorrier, Redruth with quite a large shop, Between St Agnes and Perranporth is Aztec leisure. They have a good range and are in experience very reasonably priced on most goods.
How far do you want to travel, depends where you are in Cornwall. Don,t know about Devon though
Regards, Dave

·
Registered
890 Posts
What about St Austell, then, Mount Caravans have a large accessory department about 1/2 mile from St Austell on the Mevagissey Road. And if you want to stay for a night or two River Valley site is next door and a nice site.
Reagdrs, Dave

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
BBJ said:
Hi
After our first weekend away in our new MH, we realise that there is a number of items that we need to purchase to make our trips a little more comfortable, also as we are planning to go full time at the end of the year we are looking to buy a sattelite system, solar panel, generator etc, so we can be self sufficient. We are looking for an accessory shop, that stocks most items, in the Cornwall/Devon area. Any suggestions please?
Best place to go for those is Eddie Vanbitz, a member on here, he has a lovely campsite with WiFi and is an expert on fitting these items.
100% service guaranteed.

Peter

Within our grounds you can enjoy a stay in our award winning, fifty pitch touring park. Cornish Farm Touring Park

We operate from a five acre site, where the emphasis is you, the customers enjoyment and satisfaction.

Operating from two large workshops our fitters are working in the very best environment and your motorhome is properly respected. We do not undertake any mobile installation work for this reason. Operating from two large workshops our fitters are working in the very best environment and your motorhome is properly respected. We do not undertake any mobile installation work for this reason.

Cornish Farm
Shoreditch
Taunton
Somerset
TA3 7BS

01823 321992

[email protected]
http://www.vanbitz.com

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Don't bother to stop in Exeter at the dealers at Junc. 30 (Martins Caravans). We were there 10 days ago and they seem to have very little stock and some rather indifferent and disinterested accessories staff. We have purchased bits from them over many years but have been very disappointed recently. Not only that, they also tried to fob us off with "you can't buy more than 1.5 m of low-pressure gas hose" which we know is not the case.

Enjoy your trip!

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Hello BBJ!

If you want the good things in life, such as product knowledge, experience, great expertise, a strong belief in customer satisfaction and quality after sales service... then Eddie Vanbitz has to be your choice.

The Vanbitz premises are on the edge of Taunton.

AuntieSandra and I considered Vanbitz to be the ONLY company that we wanted to deal with when we had our alarm fitted. This decision involved a not insignificant round trip of 600 miles!! But it was worth it to enjoy all those benefits outlined above, as well as enjoying a couple of nights on the splendid Cornish Farm Caravan Park which is owned by Eddie Vanbitz.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
As already mentioned Van Bitz is very good for having items fitted such as solar panels, Sat TV etc.

Also Chelston Motorhomes, Wellinton, Somerset have a large accessory shop if you are planning to DIY fit items.

Marquis at Lee Mill do not have a large accessory section, or they didn't last time I went there.

Ashburton have a caravan place with quite a large accessory shop, parking for cars ok but not so easy in a large motorhome.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'll second that about Martins, they are just down the road from work and i popped in there just before i completed on our van with Chelston.

They had no brand new stock and the second hand stock was very limited, despite spending a fair amount of time wandering we only saw one sales guy and he was much to busy changing plates on a van to acknowledge us. They have certainly changed over the years, I can remember going to them as a kid with my dad and they were superb in those days, thats what got them where they are today, wonder how long they will keep it.

Chelston has an excellent shop with a pretty wide range of products, we have a nice voucher included with our purchase that is going to do some damage to their stock next week.

Kevin

·
Registered
73 Posts
I bought my motorhome from Martin's last year and found them very fair.
For ordinary camping gear and accessories there is a good camping shop in Union Street in Plymouth. It is at the city end, and you can park right outside for half an hour free.

·
Registered
339 Posts
accessorys

hi, i would agree with dave .we use aztec all the time.They also sell from on line shop.World or camping.If you chose to visit them you could use st agnes beacon ,cc club site close by ,blue hills which is walking distance to shop just down the lane.sevaral cls close by also.lin.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.