Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are a few other Adria Twin or VanWin owners on this site.
The question is - is filling with fresh water through the external filler a real pain for you?
Ours goes in soooooo slowly that we now lift the seat and fill inside.
Have you come up with a solution?

· Registered
9 Posts
Hi,

I know exactly what you mean, I thought I was filling a swimming pool the first time I filled it.

On ours, if you hold the hose just in the filler entrance then I think you get some turbulance from the first bend which causes as much water to come out as go in - that the same as yours ? The only way to prevent this was to virtually trickle the water in.

We bought a new length of pipe and actually push it down the filler neck into the tank. Ok, it's got to be externally cleaned each time but it does make a significant difference in filling times on our van because you can fill as fast as your supply tap can feed.

cheers

Brian

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On ours, if you hold the hose just in the filler entrance then I think you get some turbulance from the first bend which causes as much water to come out as go in - that the same as yours ?
That is exactly the same as ours - we can only fill about as fast as one of those indoor plant watering cans.............
I shall have a go at pushing the hose inside the tank - careful not to dislodge the fittings of course!

· Registered
9 Posts
Hi,

You'll be fine Roger, you only have to go a foot or two inside, just enough to pass the filler neck. I bought clear plastic tubing from B&Q mainly so I could tell it was clean, but also it's quite pliable. We store it in a plastic bag in one of the under-floor compartments.

cheers
Brian

· Registered
6,514 Posts
Last time we went out in ours, I stuck the hose in and immediately the water gushed out. It was already full I thought. When we got to Hayling Island and turned the tap on - zilch. But I did remember, as I walked back and forth with buckets of water that on our hols last year I had to stick the hose right down inside so this may be a prob with a lot of m\homes.

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all - problem (sort of) solved. Have now a length of flexible tubing on the end of my hose, and pushed into tank it works just fine.
Glad I am not the only one...............
Excellent site this ...

· Registered
12,963 Posts
First time we filled ours up it seemed to take forever and we even went inside to check we were not filling up the lockers as well.

All these nice people waved and smiled at us and it was only after the warden came over that we discovered we'd not closed the drain tap on the freshwater tank and it was all cascading out onto the grass on the other side of the van.

:oops:

G

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.