Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right, looking at getting a motorhome; going to try a hire first. Went to the Newbury show and our favorite type is a low profile with twin berth (didn't like the look of the high top vans - why are they so expensive?).
Also, didn't like the look of the vans with too big a cab "overhang" (don't need the bed space obviously). Storage could be useful I guess.

Priorities (may change!) good bed (I'm 6'2"); good washroom, not too long (e.g. 20' ish)
Options:- a couple of extra seat belts might be useful for travelling guest(s).

1. Dolphin were very clever putting their selection next to the (day) entrance and so the one that stayed in our mind was the Autoquest,Elddis,140 (lo-line). Bed is 6'10"x 6' So this is with the lounge/bed at the back and looked really comfy; wash room was probably small (cannot remember); only 2 seatbelts

2. Next one with a bed at the back is Hymer with a bunk+garage; Van 512.

3. Cannot remember if we saw one of these but we can hire a Hymer Classic C-Class (is this an old model?) from "carefree-motorhomes" at Newark for £640 (mid season); again bed is at the back but might be small; has 4 seat belts;
OR something like the Swift Sundance 580PR ?

4. Finally what appears to be the more conventional layout with lounge/bed in the middle and washroom/cooking at the back; bed in the middle looks wrong to me (and small) but I guess until we try it we won't know!
The advantage with this layout appears to be a much better washroom at the back.
e.g. Swift Sundance 530LP

If anybody knows any dealers (we live near Basingstoke) who will take the hire price off a sale, please advise. If we do buy this year it will not be until Sep at the earliest.
Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Hi,

Can't really answer any of your above questions but have you looked at the layout of the Cipro, it has 2 fixed beds, seatbelts for I think 4 and is low profile.

I know there are a few on here with them and has been one of my favourite choices for a while even though we have looked around hundreds of vans.

Making up a bed every night can be a real chore after a hot busy day and having been a tugger in days gone past I wouldn't like to go back to the task.

Nice big bathrooms are great when you are in them but how much of your day do you actually spend in there, (not asking for details) :)

Not recommending these people but this is just to give you an idea -
http://tinyurl.com/pka7ce

Best of luck and this will give you a bump for when more are on here, will be quiet this weekend.

Mandy

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Hymer 644 has 6 seat belts and either fixed double bed at the back or U shaped lounge that turns into massive bed or two big singles. Are you stuck on single beds?

Hymer comes in at 23 feet actually but has largish bathroom from what I can remember its not a low profile though and has overcab bed which is pretty big you can sit up in it easily.

Carefree's is in fantastic condition its for sale as well! Bought our last one from there and had it 14 months got back what I paid for it.

Am a bit of a fan for herman the German hence our Dethleffs which is a low profile fixed bed at the back - not sure if you can hire one at all unless you try Premier Motorhomes down south or Lowdhams up north who are agents.

HTH

Greenie

·
Registered
25 Posts
I run a CI CIPRO GARAGE which is ideal for 4 people. has 4 seatbelts a fixed rear bunk above garage which gives ample storage. Front double is more than comfy for kids or guests.Mine is on the merc 316 base and i think now they are on fiats and renualt. I can email pics so you can get general idea if that helps. I am in the Bordon/Whitehill area, other side of Alton, if you want to come and have a look round to get a better idea

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.