Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As we will be going to Europe for the winter and as we are over 40 years since leaving school, our French, what little we had, remember The Cat sat on the Mat? Well you get the gist - we need to buy dictionaries for France and Spain.

I have had a look and wonder if perhaps any experienced travellers can recommend the ones they have found best, if any of course.

Please don't leave it too long, as I need to buy them BEFORE we go.

Thanks in advance.

Carol

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
We use a nice thick Collins- Schools type French dictionary, mainly 'cos it was going 'cheep cheap' at me in the Book shop.
One thing I've found very useful is to be able to run through the alphabet in French, if all else fails you can spell out a word. saves :oops:

·
Vendor
12,382 Posts
another option would be a program for your ipaq Carol, make it work for its cost. There are many translator applications out there for pocket pcs which allow you to select a phrase/word and then the ipaq displays it, or even alternatively speaks it aloud :)

Here is one for instance http://www.universal-translator.net/pocketpclife_en_ut.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.