Motorhome Facts Forum banner

Advice needed on finding the top of the strut on Hymer B544

14K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  Patsonline 
#1 ·
Could anyone please help me find a way to access the top of the strut in a Hymer B544 I need to change my shock absorbers at the front as they are leaking and i cannot see anywhere under the bonnet to undo the strut. My Hymer is Built on a Fiat Ducato base vehicle with alko chassis.

Thank you in advance any help will be greatly appreciated.

Patsonline.

#8 ·
hogan said:
The top mountings are located between the cab bulk head and the engine firewall bulkhead. You have two options cut into the cab bulkhead as goldscmitt do. Or remove the complete dash. 3 to 4 hr job cutting in all day plus to remove dash.
Just to be certain when you mention .. 'between the cab bulk head and the engine firewall bulkhead' do you mean the wooden board the sits between the dashboard and the windscreen? I am wondering now if this could be removed entirely to access the mountings? or indeed does it have to be cut?

#9 ·
Just an update ... I had the work done by a local mechanic ... i also had the bottom left hand side ball joint changed ... it wasn't such a bad or expensive job to do after all ... I bought my own parts from a main dealer using my chassis number and his labour charge was just 100 euro. It passed the DOE test fine. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.