Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just like to say hello to all from Alan and Eirwen.... we live just outside Rhyl, we own an elderly Talbot Express Camelot 2ltr petrol, which we think is great,... and keeps me occupied during the fine days we are home, curing the "moth-holes" which keep appearing... seriously it is not so bad actually, a 1985 model with 47,000 on the clock, good MPG for a petrol,... approx 28-35MPG on a run, which I think is pretty good for an antiquated 2ltr pushrod, carburettored petrol of this weight...... the "moth-holes" are fairly superficial actually, and as an ex-motor engineer, I remember that most Talbots were a little frail in the bodywork dpt.... (remember the Talbot Horizon !)

Ex motor trade, I had a few touring caravans over the years, the last was a 1972 vintage "Viking Fiberline" I also created a couple of "self-build Ford Transit campervans in the 70's and 80's. the last one a "pop-top" with a Holdsworth elevating roof scavenged from a scrap Commer and suitably modified to fit.

Eirwen and I have only been married for a little over a year,... (it was her idea to buy a campervan again,)... we are in our mid-50s, (were both widowed about three years ago),... and are still in the process of embarking on a new life together.... her interests, Brass Bands and Morris/Majorette dancers,.. my interests,... keeping these old wheels rolling, and making her happy......

Alan.

·
Premium Member
13,217 Posts
Hi AlandEirw

Welcome to the community.
I can't remember that introduction on the old site so am assuming this is your first 'first' post as it were.

It sounds as though you have some experience which will be useful to others here. Please pass it on

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Hi AlandEirwen,

Welcome to the site.

We to were caravanners until we saw the error of our ways,we also had a Holdsworth Fanfare hightop,what a lovely van,but we outgrew it.

Anyway your Camalot will let you get to know each other better than at home.

Can i give you a little tip someone gave us when we had the hightop.while one person is doing something cooking,setting up,tidying up the other person should sit down,it saves tempers and worked for us.

Enjoy your new life together..................

·
Registered
631 Posts
Hi, welcome to the site, my Mum & Dad have got a Talbot Rhapsody high top. They love it and have been virtually everwhere in it - never see them much these days.

Hope you enjoy the site, happy travels

·
Registered
203 Posts
croeso alan and eirwen and I too live just outside Rhyl in Meliden
I have the big green beastie bedford cf that you have probably seen around [once seen etc]. give us a wave next time
and if you fancy popping round for a coffee and a chat pm me.
roi

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
:D
Hi Alan and Eirwen, and welcome.
Mentioning the Talbot Horizon brought back some memories! It was voted car of the year in Italy in 1978 and was the first and only car I have ever bought barand new from the showroom. Travelled between Italy and Gwernymynydd in it several times. Now do that with my Bessacarr.
saluti, eddied

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks to all for the warm welcome, apologies for the delay in answering your posts, I don't manage to log on so often these days.....
You are correct in your assumption that we are "new" newbies Gillian, and yes, if I have anything constructive to offer, then of course I will try.

Funny thing is that I tend to cook when we are away from home hymmi... don't most guys ?... (Ei said they do ! ! !)

Will keep our eyes open for you roi,... hope to meet one day perhaps, but would not like to impose,... (also, I remember the CF was not the nicest vehicle to work on ! ! ! :D )

Eirwen is a South Walian who came north a few years ago Ana.....

Thanks again and best wishes all...

Alan.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Hi both,

Sorry i think you misunderstood what i meant,if someone is cooking be it you or Eirwen,it is best the other person stays out of the way as tempers can get fraught,if you get under each others feet.

We share cooking too and Dave always washes up ..............

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think I know what you mean hymmi,... and the point I made about my doing the cooking,... tho' true, was made tongue in cheek..... a little like the guys commandeering the cooking at a barbeque,... cos' the ladies just can't create "carbon" like we guys can !!!

Just noticed that you are from Leyland Drummer,... was up that way for the last Preston Guild,... with the Viking Viberline actually.... 92' I think, We camped at Midge Hall, the owner was a member, whose hobby was home winemaking,... happy days...... (evenings !)

Alan.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Well, has a South Walean who as been living Southern England for the last 20 years married an English girl, she said the English men have no passion!!

Anyway, expalins your current status and good for the both of you at such a young age making a go of it with all that love and passion.

Wednesday night training session on Passion for any English man, free entry but exiting could be expensive!!

Joke!!!!

B

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.