Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm thinking of going the whole hog and fitting a fully auto sat dish on top of our PVC. Travels will be mainly in the UK and France, so a 60 cm or a flat sat should be large enough. Although we have room for a dome I think it would look a bit of a carbuncle stuck on top!
My choice at the moment is between and Alden Flatsat (plannar) and the Alden platinum 60. Has anybody any experience of the flatsat either the alden version or the very similar camos crankup flatsat. Is the reception equivalent to a 55/60cm dish as claimed by sellers.
Any advice from somebody who has used one in Europe would be very much appreciated
Michael

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have tested the Flatsat in France, Spain, Portugal and Scandinavia and can confirm that this type of dish does have a similar performance to a conventional 50-60cm dish. This is simply because a planar type of dish is inherently more efficient.

In France the Camos crank-up or any other system with an identical dish will pick up Astra 2D just about everywhere. Only in the far south-west - around Perpignan - does it start to lose the signal. In Spain the dish will still pick up loads of U.K. channels, including most of the ones on Eurobird.

Bear in mind that the Flatsat models cannot be adjusted for skew - with the exception of the Camos crank-up PLUS model. In the U.K. and France this doesn't really matter but further east or west, it can make a big difference.

Hope this is helpful, RoadProAndy (from RoadPro)

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks for that Andy, It's so good to have someone who has actually tried these things in different parts of Europe. I had been waiting for a reply and had begun to think nobody had heard of the Flatsat! I have no problem with the Camos version except I am running out of ceiling space for a crank handle, but have room for a fully auto setup.
Many thanks again
Michael

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.