Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does push mean, I keep getting notices on the top of my screen for just a few seconds and don´t even have time to read them, is this the push ?
Font Rectangle Parallel Number Screenshot
Font Rectangle Parallel Number Screenshot

·
Premium Member
17,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How long have we had this new arrangement and it seems nobody can give me an answer after 28 hits.
I can’t find where to put the question to VS either.

·
Premium Member
29,381 Posts
Push notifications are clickable pop up messages that will appear on your screen, phone or tablet etc in real time when you have an alert set. So they are a way of telling you immediately when one of your alerts has been triggered without you having to check your email for an actual notification.

So for example of you have notifications switched on for replies to a thread you are posting on and you also have Push turned on a little window will pop up when someone replies which you can click on and go straight to the thread. If Push is turned off you will just get an email and until you read that email you wont know someone has replied. Least thats how the notifications and push options work generally on the internet.

I have everything turned off to be honest. I just click on my notifications bell to see whos responded when I feel like it or just read the new posts view on the forum. I cant be doing with rafts of emails from various forums or push notifications. Ill look at them when I want to.

·
Premium Member
2,345 Posts
I agree with checking when I want to do so,rather than loads of e mails.
But I've actually never seen the option to enable push

·
Premium Member
17,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Since I told it to pushoff by deleting the push tick it´s stopped, the notice was never there long enough to read let alone click on it. As I only have notifications by email on this forum I´ll leave the Alert as I like to know when Raymond, Graham or Kevin have answered me with a cheeky answer :ROFLMAO:. Or anyone else, who's this that's got in in front of me, Ah it´s Peter, who is not an explorer like wot I am.
Goodness knows where I found it coz I can´t find it at the moment.

·
Premium Member
17,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got it. click on your Avatar top right drop down menu 7 down account setting, when you´re in - left column preferences., scroll down and there that do be :giggle:

·
Premium Member
2,345 Posts
Well explored...........I was sure it would be there somewhere.
But I've never had the option/offer to activate appear on screen.

·
Premium Member
11,786 Posts
I have the push messages switched off as well. I found them to be a pita tbh!

Reactions: raynipper
1 - 11 of 11 Posts