Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Probably a silly questions but will a 2000w oven run on a site with 10amp with out tripping out.
How do you work out what you can and can’t run on the available amps?
Roger :roll:

·
Vendor
18,541 Posts
im rusty but this is how its done afaik

Amps = Watts/Volts

therefore you have 230v in a motorhome well (Somewhere between 220-240 lol)

so Max Amps = 2000 / 230v = 8.7Amps

so dont think this is possible, but like i said lol someone who is more knowledgeable will come along and give a definate answer

But thats with the oven running at full heat remember as on lower settings power usage will be lower, best way is just turn it on and try ;) worst case is u will have to leave the relative comfort of your mh and flick the trip over ;)

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Hi Roger
When we were in Spain for the winter we found sites to have 4 or 6 amps, one had 8 amps but had to be used as though it was 6 amps the more vans hooked up to an elec post the worse things became. At Benicassim and Banos d Fortuna one side of the MH electrics would cut out if the amps had fallen below a certain level.........ie too many people using the site/post supply at once! When we were at La Manga where the site supply was 10 amps we had no problems or anywhere else for that matter where there was a decent amperage/supply.
regards
Rita

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
8O The Amperage can certainly vary in Spain. We were on a campsite for 5 years and if we boiled a Kettle at the same time as the washing machine was on it tripped out. But what we had problems with several years ago was the Voltage. I measured it once (after it blew up my amplifier) and it was fluctuating between 160 and 280. 8O

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Many thanks Nukeadmin.Lisa & Johnsandywhite,
The wife read your replies yesterday and decided to go to our local discount store and bought 2 mini grill/ovens as they are 620 watt each.
The logic being, or so she says, 1 is not really big enough and 2 are less wattage than the one we have.
:oops:

·
Premium Member
13,788 Posts
Rogerf,

Yes, your 2000W oven would work on a 10A supply, provided any other simultaneous loads were very small.

I was surprised Dave didn't take the opportunity to extol the virtues of his Victron integrated inverter/charger, which can temporarily supplement the hookup supply to meet larger loads than it can bear. Just dial up 4, 6, 10 amps or whatever and forget about any trip worries. I have the same and it a clever box of tricks.

Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.