Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Is anyone familiar with Andermatt, Switzerland? Is there anywhere to overnight, assuming the pass is open in a few days. (It was shut three weeks ago)

Russ

·
Registered
17,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Pass

Hi

The pass is still closed according to the tourist info office.

However, if anyone has info on overnight aires/sosta etc in the area, that is appreciated.

Russ

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
No answer

Got no answers for you Russ but you are in a beautiful part of the world. Enjoy.

Sal

·
Premium Member
2,141 Posts
I love Andermatt, been there dozens of times, mostly by motorbike..

The Susten pass is well blocked still and won't open till June

THe Oberalp is open (I've got webcams enabled on my iphone to my wife's horror :lol: )

Gottard will still be closed but the tunnel is always open

The cable car place is a motorhome park, it has hookups available and you use the facilities in the cable car building.

May is generally a holiday/closed season up there as they use the month to do repairs between Winter and Summer seasons

·
Registered
388 Posts
Hi russel,

There is a campsite in Andermatt, its pretty poor and fairly expensive but its only about 1km from town on the Furkapass side.

Is it the furkapass your trying to get over because there is a rail tunnel that costs about 30chf. Its single track but very usable.

hth
Jon

·
Registered
388 Posts
Sprinta said:
I love Andermatt, been there dozens of times, mostly by motorbike..

The Susten pass is well blocked still and won't open till June

THe Oberalp is open (I've got webcams enabled on my iphone to my wife's horror :lol: )

Gottard will still be closed but the tunnel is always open

The cable car place is a motorhome park, it has hookups available and you use the facilities in the cable car building.

May is generally a holiday/closed season up there as they use the month to do repairs between Winter and Summer seasons
beat me to it, this is the same place.

·
Registered
17,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Andermatt

Thanks for the replies folks. Ideally, somewhere free!

Is the cable car place free?

I will do this in September when coming back south

The Simplon Pass was open in April, spent the night in the Hospiz carpark - lovely and peaceful.

Russ

·
Registered
388 Posts
Re: Andermatt

Rapide561 said:
Thanks for the replies folks. Ideally, somewhere free!

Is the cable car place free?

I will do this in September when coming back south

The Simplon Pass was open in April, spent the night in the Hospiz carpark - lovely and peaceful.

Russ
No cable car place is expensive - about £15?? for not much!!

Simplon pass is better and free. but you ve got to get from there.

Switzerland is ridiculously expensive all over.

Jon

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
We spent several nights just over the OberAlpen Pass at the railway station carpark in Sedrun.

Very scenic and quiet, trains start about 7am and finish by 11pm but are no noisier than an electric milk float!

Oberalpen pass is at the head of the valley in the background, the railway goes to Andermatt through a tunnel but the van was too big.

Kev

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,146 Posts
we're looking at doing a couple of days skiing in Andermatt next March - anyone know of any aires in the town that would be suitable??

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
we're looking at doing a couple of days skiing in Andermatt next March - anyone know of any aires in the town that would be suitable??
According to the WOMO database, you can overnight in the carpark of the Hospental-Winterhorn ski lift here: 46.6169447, 8.5630887

BUT it doesn't say whether this is summer or winter, so please don't take my word for it!!

Morph

·
Premium Member
2,146 Posts
thanks for that info Morph - I actually found that after my original post, but as you say, it doesn't really say whether it's winter or summer use only.

might drop a line to the local Tourist Office and ask them

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.