Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning we are currently in Anglesey and would like to go and have a look a Stack lighthouse. It’s our first trip in the MH so still getting use to the size down smaller roads. Have you been to the lighthouse and what was the road like ? Looking in the map stack road leads to a car park but as I said earlier still getting use to my baby 😇 TIA

·
Premium Member
15,900 Posts
Went maybe 40 years ago so no help I am afraid. There again lots of single track roads once you leave the main ones in Wales. Suspect it is still single track.

·
Premium Member
10,914 Posts
We went to South Stack last year but in our car. Worth a visit but we didn't make it down as Mrs GMJ could never manage all those steps (around 400 I think!).

I can't recall exactly whether it would be difficult for MH's to get to the car parks there, as we did quite a bit of too'ing and fro'ing whilst on the island for a week, so perhaps your bike plan is a good one. (y)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
An absolute must if you are over this way. We parked up at Morrisons cost £2.69 for 4 hrs then cycled up to the lighthouse. Totally amazing place really enjoyed it. Yes lots of steps on the way back up 😅😅

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,914 Posts
An absolute must if you are over this way. We parked up at Morrisons cost £2.69 for 4 hrs then cycled up to the lighthouse. Totally amazing place really enjoyed it. Yes lots of steps on the way back up 😅😅
Nice one (y)

Just for future reference: what were the roads there and parking like at the lighthouse? Do you think it would be suitable for a MH?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts