Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Robowmow mower dropped a wheel yesterday and literally was going round in circles.
Pulling the old shaft and motor out of the hub it was obvious a small spline type gear had broken into several bits. I think it's a kind of Bakelite material and obviously the weak link.

Looking online it's possible to buy the complete motor and shaft assembly for a mere £259 p&p £49.
Great for a small part worth about 10p. I have replaced it from a spare mower and we are up and running again but it will be interesting to hawk the bits round the mower shops to see if the part can be ordered and at what cost.

Ray.

Attachments

Reactions: Glandwr

·
Premium Member
28,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes Jan I'm sure it's a reasonable project. I guess it could be 3D 'printed' if I could find a shop thats doing it.

Ray.

·
Premium Member
28,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a point Barry.

Ray.

·
Premium Member
28,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Isn't it possible to use an original and copy Barry.?

Ray.

·
Premium Member
28,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Nick. No not a 'fun' member only fruits and Owners. I do have the mower running so there is no rush and it might be fun trying to get that small part.

Yes there is an Air de Service behind our Mairie now and quite a few vans park up on the new 'car' park beside the cemetery. I see vans there near the new WW2 memorial and across the road opposite the front of the Mairie. Amazingly popular as Portbail is so handy.

Ray.

• Helpful
Reactions: nickkdx

·
Premium Member
28,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes G and Alan, agreed it's all possible. But the emergency is over and mower back in use again. Now I removed a drive from just such a 'spare' mower. But I will still keep looking for a replacement part anywhere.

Thanks Ray.

Reactions: erneboy

·
Premium Member
28,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Plus.................... just found a company in Germany who lists the part. Now in aluminium but only €15.05 p&p. So ordered.

Ray.

·
Premium Member
28,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Correct Bill but it's uncanny how after buying something online we get inundated with fake carrier messages. Either unable to deliver or duty is due.

Ray.

·
Premium Member
28,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Caramba or Eureka the new and vastly superior aluminium replacement shaft arrived today. Fitted in 30 mins and all back working again.
The German supply company even included a small bag of jelly beans. :p

Ray.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts