Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 Hymer Exsis-i 504
13,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know which carriers O2 would hitch on to in EU but I'm looking for anyone with experience of using O2 in out-of-the-way places in France, Spain, Portugal.

·
Premium Member
1,395 Posts
We here in Haute Vienne have O2 PAYG sims which connect to Orange and Bouygues Telecom. At home we have borderline signal strength and recently Orange has refused to connect.
Last year we had a new arial nearby which gives a good 4G signal but I think it only serves SFR and Free telecom. Therefore I would be pleased to know if Vodaphone or popit sims use the Free Telecom services.

·
Premium Member
3,455 Posts
Jean my experience for what it's worth is that unless linked to Orange or Vodafone any roaming away from your base can be very hit or miss.
Also, if using an "associate" companies services the actual service you receive is often less than being directly subscribed to the supplier you find yourself linked to, i.e. whereas the area you are in has a really good 4g signal you'll only receive 3g.
If you are not too bothered about reliable service and cost is more important use the budget options but if you want to ensure good reliable coverage go with Orange or Vodafone (other suppliers are available).
The Tiecom one I linked to some while ago I have found superb across Europe and Scandinavia, they are directly linked to Vodafone. Link to one I use Tiecom
Just my thoughts :)

·
Premium Member
25,558 Posts
Even my French SIM (Bouygues) is hit and miss outside towns. Usually only 2 bars here in rural Normandy.

Ray.

Reactions: jiwawa

·
Premium Member
25,558 Posts
It has it's benefits though John.
My old sfr SIM used to constantly connect to Jersey anytime I went near the coast and I would get billed for roaming. But the Bouygues doesn't. So I save big bucks now plus I rarely manage to use 2GB of the 40GB data allowance.

Ray.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts