Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are planning to replace our 2008 Adria Twin with a new van, and our shortlist is down to two possible new vans - both German. It's pretty much impossible for us to find either in the UK, and we are getting only vagueness about availability and price from the various dealers, thanks mainly to the impact on Sterling versus the Euro.

So we are thinking seriously about just bringing in a van from Germany. We have done this before, about a decade ago, and all went very smoothly. We are not concerned about the left hand drive aspect, and the prices of the vans we are looking at appear considerably cheaper in Germany than they are here. Yes we will take a hit when we sell, but the goal is to keep this new van a long, long time.

The appeal of having someone take care of all the import hassle is very appealing, which is where Bundesvan comes in. We have been talking to them for a week or so, and they have already helped us find several possible candidates. Right now, we are very tempted to move head and it will be good to know if any subscribers have bought through Bundesvan before. Hopefully those experiences will be good, but anything that makes us feel more confident about working through them - and entrusting a considerable amount of money to them! - will be very welcome.

·
Premium Member
13,300 Posts
For a good source of info about importing from Germany, not necessarily Bundesvan, maybe you should cotact one of the longest MHF members - her name is Carol Weaver, but her username is just 'carol'. She was very helpful to me some time ago.

Geoff

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
We bought our first Hymer fron Bundesvan some 20 years ago and could not fault them. I would have no worries going back to them. My only drawback now is we are happy with the van we have now and Bundesvan are a long way away from us. Otherwise our experience with them was excellent.

·
Premium Member
1,524 Posts
Never used Bundesvan but they have been around for a long time and over the years I have only ever seen good reports about them.

·
Premium Member
4,687 Posts
Bob and Sue who are the new owners are extremely helpful people and will help you even if you are not giving them your business.

They took over from Nick Legg.

Nice, friendly, genuine people the new owners, in fact I would say the business has got even better.

Paul.

·
Premium Member
1,091 Posts
We purchased our current Hymer exsis-i from Bob & Sue. Can not praise them highly enough. Very helpful, informative and above all truly nice people to do business with.

We had a duff battery (AFAIK a common Hymer AGM problem) and no quibble at all. Buy battery of your choice, emailed receipt and money transferred into our account. If we get another import, they'll be the first place we contact.

Malcolm

ps Forgot to mention we needed to get the van ready for a continental trip and DVLA were being slow, so Bob & Sue delivered the van to me in Surrey on trade plates, no charge!!!

·
Registered
20,116 Posts
To clarify, they are in the UK and import on your behalf from the across the channel.is this correct. Can we have a link to make it easier for a member to go straight o their website.

·
Premium Member
1,524 Posts
Isn't it a nice change to get such positive feedback regarding a motorhome connected company. Hundred percent so far!

·
Premium Member
15,515 Posts
They also, or used to, act as an agent for private sales. You want to sell your van, they market it, purchase and attach a warranty then charge a brokerage fee once it is sold. A good service that saves money for buyers and sellers.

Dick

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.