Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody out there got a legend A/S are they warm vans what to look for when bying, what MPG to expect etc, looking at 1997/8 age, transit based as these are easy to maintain,? if you have one any mods. cheers
happy new year :lol:

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
In my opinion the old Legend was an excellent van. Kitchen and Bathroom at front U shaped rear lounge. The monocoque(unsure if thats spelt right)ensures no leaks from side or roof panels as the body is one piece.
We wanted a Legend but we have space limitations so went for the shorter Executive.
I am not sure I would want a Tranny based van now as the walk through facility from the cab to the habitation area on the Boxers/Fiats is a boon. I also think the 2.5Turbo has a bit more kick than the current trannies, others may argue but my mates new 2.4td tranny doesnt keep up with my 2.5td Boxer whereas his old one did going up hills. Legends hold their price well and there are quite a few in the Auto Sleepers Owners Club (link to web site on this site) If you have space, and the price seems right go for it.
The nearest new A-S van to the Legend in layout is the Rienza but its conventional styrofoam build not monocoque.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.