Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,327 Posts
Begs the question tho. if new age travellers want to shop at Asda??, they won't be able to! Surprised at WalMart! [-X
IKEA at Warrington tried the same thing, but had a high level entry option with buzz alarm to get someone to raise the barrier, the barrier now seems permanently up - and I don't shop there any more. Just send a letter to their head office.
MMM did have a campaign going about where to park, and writing to local councils, but I've not had a magazine for ages so don't know the latest.
But, there is a thread somewhere on here about where to park!
A case of over-reaction yet again, I'm sick of height barriers and refuse to patronise anywhere that has them when I'm in the car, this is yet another reason why I prefer to pay the ferry charges and go to mainland Europe.
8)

· Registered
1,327 Posts
Good idea Drifter, maybe that's one way forward for stores, and carry on pinting out to councils that if you can't park then you can't spend any money.
P + R in York has designated area for MH and over height vehicles, whcih can't be nicked by cars - which is what usually happens - cos it has a barrier openend by staff - BUT, it seemed to have been suspended over Christmas period.

Dodger - I cheat on the M&S car park, go in at IKEA end, turn right into no entry park facing in the direction of exit, at top of row and nip out the wrong way - total distance of wrong way driving is 20 - 30 yards at most! Only works when it is quiet ish, but I only go there then. 8)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.