Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Previous name was Jess

Since the crash I was able to speak with some of you on the temp site that Nukeman set up but when he built this one I have had a hell of a time trying to register.

So, for the 8th time, thinking this is the last time/chance I would be able to get excellent advice from excellent people like you.

All of a suddent after registering again I am in, lost all my spanners which I worked hard to build up but the main thing is this side is up and running.

Hope you are all keeping well and also a big thank you and well done to Nukeman.

Anyway, next week we pick up our Burstner and to be fair, the dealer has been excellent (Beck's) he has kept us posted, checked with us on this and that and worked with the Insurance company to register etc.

So, a real happy day, back in to this site and soon to become a "real" motorhomer.

One bad news the bloody cost of getting everything read, drive, accessories etc.

Best wishes to you all

New name (Bertha!)

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Hi Bertha(Jess),

Nice to see you back in,a friend has tried all week strange how some are getting in and others are struggling.

Anyway great news that you are about to get your van,are you still staying overnight at Becks?

Yes.buying it is only the beginning,it is like furnishing another house,except for the cost,it is good fun and at least you can get advise on here if you are unsure of a product,feel sorry for us old timers who had to learn by ourselves,we made some expensive mistakes on our own no MHF's then. :cry:

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Welcome Back, I know what you mean about the spanners, but hey at least the site is back, and I would even say better, more user friendly.

Good luck with the the Burstner, happy motorhoming

regards

Arizona :D

·
Premium Member
13,217 Posts
Welcome back Bertha aka Jess.

Strange how some people are having difficulty getting back while others have no trouble.
Anyway, back now. That's all that counts.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi there all

The kind words and support are all well timed.

Although very excited to be picking up our 747 we have jumped in in to the deep end in terms of size of MH. So feeling a little fearful of the drive from Norwich back to Hampshire on Friday.

No, we are not stopping over at Beck;s now, other committments have forced us to return the same day.

Saturday we are fitting here out with all that "2nd home" stuff then Sunday we go away in her.
We have found a camp site in Dorset to stop over for 3 nights to give the whole thing a real trial.

Boy! did we have a surprise when trying to book in to somewhere over the holidays, we must have tried over 20 sites before we got somewhere.

Anyway, great to hear from you all and thanks for the support I will keep you posted, but for now I have to get back to work fitting the extra fence, the new security lights etc.

Now sure I have mentioned it before but B&Q sell this sensor thing for outside and as soon as someone walks past it it sets off a door bell type alarm in the house and there is also a plug in light fitting so the selected lamp in your house comes on too.
We have installed it facing where the MH is going to be kept.(no wiring required)

Best wishes

·
Registered
203 Posts
croeso to the new MHF bertha. I had no problems getting back in at all. it is
once i changed my name.
strange [still no spooky icon dave]
good luck with the new MH

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Welcome (back!) ... I also had to change my name - I was Gitanarosa which is Spanish for Gypsy Rose but now way was I able to come back as that even though the password was correct so I'm now Gypsy Rose!! Just different nationality..lol!! Nice to see everyone coming back anyway! Ana xx

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.