Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Rest In Peace Mike, 1944-2017.
14,576 Posts
Hi Barrosa

Yes I use Autoroute and Gps. It works really well, I have a Fortuna GPS mouse and power the laptop with a Kerio power supply plugged into the cigar lighter. I have used AR2004 which will work just fine but I have now upgraded to AR2005 which has enhanced GPS features. AR 2005 will only work sucessfully with XP.

POIs (points of interest) can be downloaded from the net or you can make up your own. I currently have all the CC sites, C&CC sites, all the AA and other commercial sites, TV transmiters, Road safety points (speed traps) and much more available on my laptop.

My laptop rides on a purpose made tray in front of "The Navigator"

Hope this helps but if you have any specific questions ask away :lol:

Mike

·
Registered
130 Posts
I use autoroute 2005 on my laptop and have found it very usefull, it even found a Halfords for me when I was in Portsmouth a few weeks ago.

Have the CC club sites and all the CL sites, plus the usual speed camera locations.

Works well, the speed indication is interesting as well. The only thing I would like is voice directions. I may try Navigator 4 but it's hard to justify £50 just for voice directions.

Cheers

Trevor

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Hi Trevor

It will be the best £50 you ever spent, beats the expensive option in my car hands down.

I use Autoroute 2005 too for POI;'s etc that are available

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi all
I am still using an old version of Autoroute but will be spending the money soon on the upgrade.
What I need is an easy way to load all the CC and CL sites and other important info such as camera positions.
Can anyone tell me if there is a database available to down load or have I got to carry on making my own which is taking ages. :?
If anyone could help I would be very grateful. :) Mike (spykal) you seem to have it all, where from?
Cheers
Mike

·
Registered
565 Posts
Trevor said:
The only thing I would like is voice directions. I may try Navigator 4 but it's hard to justify £50 just for voice directions.

Cheers

Trevor
As George says,
it will be the best £50 you ever spent, beats the expensive option in my car hands down.
George bought the UK and Europe edition, but for a UK only edition, it can be bought for as little as £36.49

Basically you set your route, press go, put the pc on the floor or where ever and it tells you were to go, if you make a mistake or have to take a diversion, it automatically recalculates the route for you.

With the Professional edition, you can import poi's on mass from spreadsheets, assign your own voice files to particular poi's. On mine it says 'unidentified speed camera in the area' for all speed cameras, but if you have the time, you can get it to say the speed limit of the camera as well.

One place you can collect speed camera poi's is http://www.pocketgps.co.uk/uksafetycameras.php

To create voice files without you having to do them verbally yourself, go to this site http://naturalvoices.att.com/demos/

UK camp site data bases are easy enough to find, plus they get mentioned on here quite a lot, however for European camp sites, try this site http://home.arcor.de/telbus/womo-sp/ReadMe-1st_engl.html it looks basic, but the information is good.

Some of the above links are okay if you have the Professional version, however with a bit of time you can add the individual co-ordinates to your system

Steve

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.