Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone help just sorting out my auto-sleeper symphony and filling with fresh water cannot get the water out of the hot taps have used bleed screw on carver water heater plenty oh air comes out any ideas

·
Rest In Peace Mike, 1944-2017.
14,576 Posts
Hello Moza

First off ..I have moved your post to the Autosleepers forum :wink:

If you have filled the water tank you then need to make sure the 12v supply is switched on and that the water pump is switched on at the control panel. Make sure too that the Leisure battery is fully charged or if you are on a hook up ( mains supply) make sure that the charger/power supply is switched on too.

Then as Peter suggested open a hot tap and wait for the water to come through...it can take a few minutes to fill the system...during this time you should at first feel air being pushed out of the hot tap and be able to hear the pump working ( a dull thump thump thump :lol: ) ...then you should at get a spluttering of water and finally a continuous flow.

good luck

mike

·
14,576 Posts
gelathae said:
Where is the drain valve?
On a Carver Water Heater it is a screw out plug situated at the bottom left of the outside vent.

....... ▲ in the hole shown above :wink:

Mike

·
Premium Member
23,180 Posts
gelathae said:
Thanks. I thought Auto-sleepers used Truma so am mildly confused.
Hi Mr Confused, or may I call you Mildly?:lol: :lol:

So am I, but I think it depends on the age of the vehicle and which model it is.

Never taken much interest in the panel van conversions because I'm too tall for any of them, but I think some of them use (used?) the Carver.

Spykal will know. :D

Dave

·
14,576 Posts
gelathae said:
Thanks. I thought Auto-sleepers used Truma so am mildly confused.
They do now :lol:

Up until a few years ago many motorhomes and caravans were fitted with the Carver Cascade water heater.... it is a fine and dandy bit of kit when working correctly :wink: There is a modern replacement version of it called a "Henry" water heater.

mike

P.S. :lol: :lol: @ Zebedee ( I dunt know it all )

·
14,576 Posts
Hi

Carver were "absorbed" into Truma by some sort of buyout or takeover... then AFAIK when Truma decided not to support the Carver Cascade spares there ensued a legal battle over the patents that belonged to Carver... they lost out enabling a lookalike heater and spares to be made.

see Here << just an interesting bit of history :wink:
( but very significant for those of us with Carver equipped motorhomes or caravans :wink: )

Mike

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
water probs

thanks for all replies in the end i put my finger over the end of the tapand turned both taps on and like magic it worked once again thanks

·
Premium Member
23,180 Posts
Re: water probs

moza said:
thanks for all replies in the end i put my finger over the end of the tapand turned both taps on and like magic it worked once again thanks
That'll be a tenner please - it's called a "subscription". :lol: :lol: :lol:

Best ten quid you will ever spend too. :D

Dave

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.