Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, so I’ve got an Auto Trail Dakota 2012 model, does anyone know if you can get hold of and replace the little latch / catch that locks the tv screen shut. Im referring to the fold down tv in the roof of the cab, one of the small metal catch’s has snapped so it’s only locking into place on one side……very annoying.

Anyone know where you can get hold of replacement or if you can even replace it?

thanks

·
Premium Member
10,914 Posts
Hi Stevo

I had a 2012 Autotrail Comanche with what sound like a similar drop down TV as yours. Good luck with your search as when I looked and asked around, I couldn't find any replacement catches. I got over the problem by using some Velcro...not the stuff you can pick up in the Hight St but the proper industrial grade stuff. I put around a square inch on each side as both my catches failed. It did the job and was very neat

Reactions: nidge1

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Might be worthwhile reading this.

I used the same method as Graham.

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Hi all, so I’ve got an Auto Trail Dakota 2012 model, does anyone know if you can get hold of and replace the little latch / catch that locks the tv screen shut. Im referring to the fold down tv in the roof of the cab, one of the small metal catch’s has snapped so it’s only locking into place on one side……very annoying.

Anyone know where you can get hold of replacement or if you can even replace it?

thanks
As others have said go for the industrial Velcro. Having dealt myself with Autotrail dealers they will probably say …. “not a spare part so you will have to buy a new television screen from us!”

Reactions: GMJ

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
I had the same problem, Mine was in the guarantee period, so rang Autotrail who said 'if the tv is working its not covered for damages'.
Ovecame it with two tablecloth spring clamps

·
Premium Member
10,914 Posts
Good solution but a poor response from Autotrail!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts