Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody any experience of this breakdown cover scheme (AutoAid) that they could relate? At first glance and one independent recommendation it seems to offer everything I need at a fraction of the cost of RAC/Arrival through C&CC.
i.e. £37 annual fixed premium instead of £159 (after discount!)
TonyP

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
Found this info on their website under 'full policy.pdf . .
"a saloon car, hatchback, estate car, car derived van, motorcycle motorised caravan under 2.5 tons gross vehicle weight and with an engine capacity of no more than 2500 cc.

Mine is 3.5t & 2500cc - so that seems to exclude me on the weight !

·
Registered
205 Posts
Frantone said:
Has anybody any experience of this breakdown cover scheme (AutoAid) that they could relate? At first glance and one independent recommendation it seems to offer everything I need at a fraction of the cost of RAC/Arrival through C&CC.
i.e. £37 annual fixed premium instead of £159 (after discount!)
TonyP
Hi Tony,
Can't help with AutoAid but I use Green Flag for full cover for Motorhome in UK and Europe as well as full cover for a car in the UK. Total premium is £124. I have called them out on a couple of occasions and they have arrived in about 1 hour. Try their website for a quote.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi Tony
I have used Auto Aid for some years when i was a tugger. got car and caravan home twice
They got me sorted no prob and were quick with refunds
Don't know about the MH 2.500 limit, but worth a call to them I think

Happy Daze
Chrisboyo

·
Registered
1 Posts
Auto Aid :-(

Just bought my first camper a second hand self build, based on 2004 Peugeot 2.0 HDi Boxer. Looking round for breakdown cover Auto Aid seemed ideal especially as I have a car and 4 motorcycles as well! But was surprised that my van, which I thought in motorhome/camper van terms would be quite light, is too heavy for their cover. Sent email and have confirmed :-(

Have to start looking again - all suggestions welcomed.

Dave

·
Registered
313 Posts
Orian wrote "I use Green Flag for full cover for Motorhome in UK and Europe as well as full cover for a car in the UK. Total premium is £124"

Can you give more details please, where did you get green flag to agree to this - it looks great value. Are there limits on length of trip?

Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.