Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help please - Autocruise Starspirit 2007 (pre Swift). Sink in bathroom is attached to swing wall which is hollow. Waste water from sink suddenly escaped onto floor (luckily shower tray) . I suspected waste pipe becoming detached from sink waste drain plug hole. Took off false pedestal and found waste pipe detached as suspected. But it was now too short to reach sink plug hole by 2-3 inches. The pipe goes into hollow swing wall and out under floor where there is no sign of movement. Pulled on it at entry to swing wall but no slack available. Why is it now too short and how do I remedy other than insert a connecting pipe to fill the shortfall? Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
2017 Hymer Exsis-i 504
12,424 Posts
I had exactly the same problem with my Hymer on the last trip. Someone (erneboy I think) suggested feeding the shortened pipe into the cut-off top of a plastic bottle. I have the neck sort of fitted into the clip that the pipe used to reach. It worked well enough that it's still like that!

I would suggest tho that you leave a good bit of the bottle. I used a shorter bit n if there's much water in the basin the force makes the upturned bottle overflow.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts