Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Premium Member
368 Posts
A poor picture, but it's still burning.
People have been evacuated from the area to our town and are being taken care of with a combination of council premises and residents helping out. Local restaurants are supplying food.
We'll see what the morning brings.
Cloud Sky Atmosphere Building Electricity

· Premium Member
368 Posts
It wasn't pleasant. I know that it poses no direct threat to me, too many buildings in the way. However, the smoke and ash don't make for a pleasant environment and pose a problem for my wife, Kath, who has chronic breathing problems. The change of wind direction has brought some fresher air and clear sky today.
I feel for those who live in the country, 1500 evacuated so far, leaving their houses to the mercy of chance.
My neighbour was at his weekend house and was ordered out and the sense of powerlessness is obvious.
Despite there being little to see from here today, the helicopters have been non stop since 08.00 so there's still lots to do.

· Premium Member
368 Posts
The joy of nature, after looking at blazing fires for days and nights, I'm now sitting enjoying a hailstorm!
Hopefully the rest of the area are getting the same and the 1,000 soldiers and firefighters and 30 aircraft can all stand down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts