Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Just had a couple of days at Denny Wood in the New Forest and whilst we were sat out in the sun about 25 cows passed through the site bringing with them an assortment of flies. Before long I had quite a few on my legs.
I decided that it was time to break out the 'Skin So Soft' but on this occasion I only put it on my left leg leaving my right leg (the control leg) with nothing applied. When I sat down I kept my legs as far apart as possible without drawing attention to myself. The results were that my right leg continued to attract the flies in the same numbers but the (Skin So Soft) left leg was 99.9% fly free. Those that did land zoomed off again in a millisecond. I realise that these were not mozzies but conclusive proof I think you will agree .

Cheers
Chris
:D

·
Premium Member
6,628 Posts
:lol: :lol:

Are you sure there was no other reason why the mossies/flies ignored your control leg( 8O )?

If you can satisfy rigorous examination that it was a fair trial and therefore valid I'd get onto AVON pdq and get yourself on the adverts en route for some freebies.

BTW- which flavour SSS was it??

·
Registered
17,771 Posts
Avon

Hi

I often think I have read it all on here, but "I kept my legs as far apart as possible" must be better than my infamous phrase of "I can't get my legs open" when I was referring to my awning.

None the less, thank you for your test result. Maybe we need a direct link to the Avon product as there will be lots of people on here who do not have a clue what we are on about.

Russell

·
Premium Member
1,810 Posts
Skin-so-soft

We have been using this for 20 years or more, always found it to be excellent, especially for midges on the west coast of scotland.
curlyboy

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Telbell,
I hadn't thought of that. I'm quite prepared to re-enact the scene for an advert. It says 'Dry Oil Body Spray' and 'Soft & Fresh' on the front.

Chris

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
i think i posted on this subject in 03, before the big crash! motherboards going d
o
w
n
as my sister has been an avon rep for 25 odd years and sss original which i love was found to be extremely effective in keeping insects away, i used another named one(can't remember what it was called now, but from millets- which when i used it in sri lanka was like a HERE SHE IS BOYS N GIRLS COME N GET HER! when i stopped using it they couldn't find me!
i know skin so soft is also internationally known now to be a good defense against the biters and it smells divine! Yay i am now going to claim commission- lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.