Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 Hymer Exsis-i 504
12,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just catching up with the CMC magazine for May which has the CMC MH n Campervan awards for this year. The winner in the section 'Up to 4-berth coachbuilt under 7m' is a Chausson Ford 660 Exclusive Line.

It looks more like a sterile room in a hospital to me but the nonsense is that it has a payload of 355kg. How can that be voted 1st in class? That's surely a case of form over function?
Property Interior design Building Architecture Couch

·
Premium Member
22,851 Posts
With a 32”TV that lifts out of a side cupboard and over the window.

Innovative, yes, desirable, no.

Dont like the crowded look of the bathroom, shower tray for those with small feet

Very little there that would make me want one….

·
Premium Member
9,772 Posts
Those photos in the link just make it look so cluttered inside: way too much dressing up I think.

...and yes, 355kg payload is useless

·
Premium Member
9,772 Posts
Good to see you posting more again Pete. Was it me or were you quite quiet for a while?

220kg?? That would struggle to cover the beer/gin/tonic allowance :D

·
Premium Member
2017 Hymer Exsis-i 504
12,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I remember taking a dealer at a motorhome show to task about just such a paltry payload. He was pretty miffed n basically didn't want to know. He just wanted the next sucker who didn't know about payload to walk through the door n sign on the dotted line.

·
Premium Member
2017 Hymer Exsis-i 504
12,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ooh, I'm glad you've come on Pete - I was just mulling over the possibility of a trip to Greece n there's your map of stops to encourage me!

·
Premium Member
9,772 Posts
Pete

Did you drive all the way to Greece or take a ferry from Italy?

·
Premium Member
11,415 Posts
Ooh, I'm glad you've come on Pete - I was just mulling over the possibility of a trip to Greece n there's your map of stops to encourage me!
Feel free to use and abuse Jean, if you need any info I'll help if I can but its been few few years since we've been, hopefully rectify that next year though.

Pete

Did you drive all the way to Greece or take a ferry from Italy?
We always get the ferry Graham, mainly from Ancona but we've done Venice a few times in the past as well.

Pete

·
Premium Member
2017 Hymer Exsis-i 504
12,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Jean @jiwawa did you get my reply to your PM or 'conversation' ?

Pete
I thought I had Pete but on checking... No. I have now! Sorry about that!

I have noticed that the Conversation part of the site doesn't hold a draft the way the rest of the site does, so maybe I pressed to send, assumed it had but it just got lost.... Who knows!

Anyway, sorry for appearing rude 😲

1 - 13 of 13 Posts