Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.New kid on the block.
I've just sorted a LWB Sprinter self build and fancy a drive away awning.It's about 2.2m to the gutter from the ground.I'm after a traditional looking thing-none of your space age bubbles and stuff.

I quite like the look of the Justkampers Spacemaker but am not sure of fit and quality.I also like the Royal Kensington-good size and I think it'll fit to my gutter and right sort of shape. Any alternative suggestions?

Has anybody had experience of these?Any thoughts on quality and fitting to a sprinter would be gratefully received.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I have a Kennsington Royal. Fairly easy to put up and attach (and re-attach on your return). It seems to be well made although one of the poles bent in a storm in Spain this winter. Managed to get a replacement when I got back, at a reasonable cost, which is good. Being a 'nylon' type fabric you can get a bit of condensation on the inside of the roof overnight, especially if you use a breathable groundsheet and it is cool.
Different ways of fixing to the van are available, we use a figure 8 and attach it to our wind-out awning. Mine is a sprinter but a coachbuilt and therefore much taller. You should find it easy to throw the guy ropes over your van roof and peg them down on the other side.
Overall, I would recommend it.
Brian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.