Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, anybody gone from Barcelona to Rome by ferry with the motorhome and can you do onboard camping?
I did this on the Greek ferry from Igoumenitsa to Ancona, Italy a good while ago.
cheers

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looking at Crimmaldi Lines web site there is no camping onboard but they do offer a 20% discount for motorhomes for mid week sailings
Many thanks. I thought I saw something saying all Med ports may do camping onboard during some months and as you can take a pet I thought maybe they would allow it when I am thinking of May this year. Also their van height looks like 2.80mt max on Grimaldi and my van is 2.89mt which I believe in imperial is just under 4" if correct. I wonder if that would be a goer.

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Many thanks. I thought I saw something saying all Med ports may do camping onboard during some months and as you can take a pet I thought maybe they would allow it when I am thinking of May this year. Also their van height looks like 2.80mt max on Grimaldi and my van is 2.89mt which I believe in imperial is just under 4" if correct. I wonder if that would be a goer.
All went well when we did the trip around Sardinia in May recently. Had another good trip since also, as we went from home in Costa Blanca down to Gibraltar and on to Portugal, visiting loads on the way and had a most enjoyable month away.

·
Premium Member
10,914 Posts
Nice one

Nice to see you posting again. We haven't heard from you for a while have we?

Myself and Mrs GMJ visit Spain every winter for 6/7 weeks or so, just to escape the worst of the British weather. We normally pootle around the Costa del Sol and then work our way up the Med coast.

I have a trip all planned and ready, to visit Madrid and Gib, which was postponed due to Covid. We'll probably do that in 2024 now as next ear we are having a slightly shorter Spanish trip so we can go to Sicily in May as well. The 90 day in 180 is affecting us for next year due to us wanting to do both trips in the first half of the year.

Reactions: terencepaul

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice one

Nice to see you posting again. We haven't heard from you for a while have we?

Myself and Mrs GMJ visit Spain every winter for 6/7 weeks or so, just to escape the worst of the British weather. We normally pootle around the Costa del Sol and then work our way up the Med coast.

I have a trip all planned and ready, to visit Madrid and Gib, which was postponed due to Covid. We'll probably do that in 2024 now as next ear we are having a slightly shorter Spanish trip so we can go to Sicily in May as well. The 90 day in 180 is affecting us for next year due to us wanting to do both trips in the first half of the year.
Thank you for your kind words.
Sounds like a lovely trip or two coming up for you. One tip I would say after visiting Gib' recently is use the Park4night option and camp at the Marina outside. Unless your lucky on a quiet month visit. Enjoy Sicily first of course.
Tel

·
Premium Member
10,914 Posts
Yes we have earmarked the marina (y)

There didn't seem to be too many other options re Gib. I noted a campsite a few Km down the road but the marineaaire seemed much better idea especially as the minibus for the cable car etc picks up really close to the border, so not too far to walk for m wife who has MS.

Reactions: terencepaul
1 - 7 of 7 Posts