Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Perhaps not really a furnishings question but unsure where else to post. I have a fixed bed which is situated at the rear and sits above the garage area. If I remove the mattress I can see everything in the garage through wooden slats. Is there a reason why this isn't completely sectioned off with plywood or something similar? Air flow? Heat etc and would it be a bad idea to do that?

·
Premium Member
31,037 Posts
Our back beds are situated with the top half over the top the garage , plywood covered under the slats with a gap between slats and plywood base ,but with a gap along the outer sides through to the garage

Ventilation maybe?

I’m sure you could enclose it allowing some ventilation

Sandra

·
Premium Member
11,380 Posts
Perhaps perforated sheet hardboard is the way to go, our static van bed had it as some ventilation saves potential condensation causing dampness. Just fit it over the slats otherwise you’d end up in the garage. :grin2:

Terry

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,606 Posts
The slats provide a bit of flex under foam mattresses and, as Terry says, they prevent condensation on the underside of the mattress under certain conditions. The slats and fittings are available as spares if you need them and, personally, I see no reason to panel it over.

·
Premium Member
2007 Fiat Ducato Ace Siena 2.2 100 Multijet, Keighley, Still in Gods County.
47,099 Posts
Hmm, no seal above a garage, not to building regs, you'll have to pull it down Sir.

It does seem odd, I get the ventilation, but what if you were carrying something a bit smelly or toxic, it being a garage after all.

Reactions: aldra
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.