Motorhome Facts Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two things are vital in Sylvia's daily life . . .
(a) doing her morning keep fit wherever we are
(b) listening to either Radio 4 or World service . . . we have an old portable radio that has short wave but its not very good;
Has anyone experience of a GOOD portable 12v / 240v radio that will receive world service in Europe ?

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for that Zeb - the problem with digital is that its ok up to around 30 miles from transmitter in UK but not for long wave / short wave Europe
[as I understand]

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
hi check out sony icf sw7600gr ,eton e5.grundig g5 about the best at a reasonable price dont go dab it dont work the eton is available from maplins for around £90.. roberts do quite a few but not all will be acceptable whatever you buy dont go too cheap or you will be disapointed

·
Premium Member
16,214 Posts
I was surprised to see Vic was the OP, then I saw the date.

Has he left us in one way or another?

Geoff
A post from 07/01/17 from Vicdicdoc

Why am I still here ?
. . . Because my membership doesn't run out till 17th Jan - after that I'm just going to be a 'lerker' (is that a word ?).
I don't have a van anymore & after 12 years we've been there (mostly), done that (mostly) & worn out the T-shirts so I'm going to save my subscriber's membership fee & spend it on ???
So without further ado . . It's been great, I've learned a hell of a lot from you all & enjoyed the 'lively' threads but it's time so bye bye.
- anyway I quite like the idea of lerking 😈

·
Premium Member
31,561 Posts
A 13 year old thread eh?

This is a really good site. Radio Garden. It works on smart phones as well. You just drag it around to listen to stations from all over the world. This one is Radio Dales from Hawes

http://radio.garden/visit/hawes/TOUmo41u

EDIT: you might have to click on the circle to get it to work, then just move it around to find others.

EDIT EDIT: you can also search. Just put in the name like LBC etc

·
Premium Member
35,618 Posts
Thanks for that Baz. I used to spend hours listening to shortwave. When we came away in the van I left that radio at home I miss it. I will give that site a go.

Reactions: barryd

·
Premium Member
3,922 Posts
Great recommendation Barry. Just installed on my phone from playstore. Now trawling the world.

Reactions: barryd
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.