Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Vendor
18,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking around at pricing for the above, found this so far on Vodafones site

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/cgi-bin/C...dafone+Mobile+Connect+Card&promoOID=113778&BV

The mobile Connect card has differing tarifs as shows below:-

Mobile Connect Card :#: Monthly charge:#: Inclusive data (MB) :#: Charge per additional MB

Mobile Connect Select #127.00 #5.00 0 #2.00
Mobile Connect 10 #127.00 #15.00 10 MB #1.50
Mobile Connect 25 #127.00 #25.00 25 MB #1.00
Mobile Connect Complete #85.00 #45.00 150 MB #1.00

This means for an initial startup cost of £85.00 and then a monthly payment of £45 you have practically unlimited GPRS usage :)

any comments anyone ?

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
Vodaphone Connect Card

This does look interesting, but where did you see a price of £85 for it, lowest I saw on their web site was £120.

BUT does this not mean you also have to had an annual contract with them, on top of the prices quoted. Bearing in mind that if you are overseas, any free minutes etc., are only of use whilst in the UK, they are not still 'free' when overseas.

I also wonder what is the best allowance to set your tariff at. It is OK for emails sent by family, but it is all those unwanted ones that end up in your mailbox, however hard you try to keep them out. Like in my case Freeserve (my ISP) who seem to want to send me stuff and in html too... I don't want to have to pay for their emails...

Would like to know where you saw it for £85 though.

But interesting all the same.

Thanks for the link :)

·
Premium Member
5,753 Posts
Last winter Vodafone were charging about £8/Mb for GPRS data roaming in Europe irrespective of what UK tariff you were on. Even at this price I still think it was cheaper than GSM, particularly if you need a lot of 'thinking' time.

Currently it's about £4/Mb if you pay a litte extra each month to get the 'International Calling' option. Without I think it's still about £8.

I've just bought some wireless lan software and intend to go looking for 'wireless hotspots' (official or not :)

Chris

·
Premium Member
5,753 Posts
Have just come across this site/ forum while looking for insurance info.

I'm using the Vodafone Mobile Connect card, bought for £88 incl VAT with a new laptop from PC World. Initially I signed up for the bottom tier £5/mo +£2/MB (ex VAT), but as I've got thro' 40MB in three weeks I've just upped it to the top layer (£53/mo incl VAT and 150MB). The new rate effectively gives me a price of £0.30/MB and "free" subscription...

For e-mails, it's working fine (but have unsubscribed from a lot of newsletters since I started using it). I usually have a quick look in my inbox via mail2web to see if anyone has sent me a bunch of 250K+ attachments first and delete them before doing an ordinary "send and receive".

For general surfing, it's OK, but I can't download newsgroups into Outlook Express (and can't get anyone's TechSupp to admit it's their prob).

I made enquiries earlier in the year about mobile/satellite broadband. The best quote I got for that was c.£10-12K for installation then £120/mo subscription. They've just mailed me with a pre-Christmas offer of about 25% off the installation. At the moment, I've put off comitting to that - but as I'm half way to the monthly sub already, I haven't written it off completely. I'll see out my 12 month contract and review it then.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.