Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We currently have an emovis Tag for the French toll roads. We have had it for years and it works fine...most of the time. If we wanted a tag for Spain off the same company it would be a separate tag.

However I see that Bip & Go do a tag which can be used in France/Spain/Portugal/Italy. One tag rather than two or several.

Has anyone done a price comparison to see which works out cheaper? I know the tolls will be the same but the upfront costs and on going service costs?

Also does anyone have the Bip & Go? If so how has your experience been?

Ta

NB I know that Spain are reducing their toll roads sections however there are still 4 main areas which we would potentially drive through on any trip to Spain.

·
Premium Member
28,555 Posts
I think they are all within a few cents of each other G.
Our Bip n Go works fine in France and Spain but not in Portugal. Maybe I need to order and change for the more versatile one that includes Portugal.
I would like to recommend Bip-N-Go to you then I get another €4 credit.

Ray.

·
Premium Member
2017 Hymer Exsis-i 504
12,946 Posts
I have both Graham and they both show up in my Emovis account. So many names tho....

Bip n Drive for Spain n Portugal call their tag a VIA-T

Sanef for France call theirs a Liber-t tag

I see from my a/c that both batteries are near expiry but I'm putting off replacing till I think I might get travelling on the continent - or do you think it might cause problems with my account if they go dead?

Mind you, I almost never use them!!

·
Premium Member
10,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So my calculations are...

Bip & Go - one tag covering France/Spain/Portugal

Up front cost 10€

Monthly charge when used 1.70€ France 2.50€ Spain

Postage 10€

Deposit nil

Annual charge nil

Emovis Liber-T tag..which I have for France but not for Spain

Up front cost 10€

Monthly charge when used 5€ per month max 2 month charge p.a.

Postage nil

Deposit 20€

Annual charge 8€ per tag

I'm happy to be corrected if I have missed anything (particluarly no annual service charge for Bip&Go?? can someone confirm?)

As it stands it looks cheaper to go with the joint tag from Bip&Go. Plus for another 4€ up front it can be extended to Italy too which is useful for us....so 4 countries on one tag.

If I am correct then no probs Ray - I'll use your recommendation f it means you can get a few € out of it, no problem.

Reactions: raynipper

·
Premium Member
28,555 Posts
I keep wondering about my battery Jean. I tried to see an indication of the battery state on my account before but never found anything at all. Maybe changing it for the Portugal included might give me a new lease of life. This one must be 4 years old now and still performing.

My account number G just in case is:- 081328919

Ray.

·
Premium Member
2017 Hymer Exsis-i 504
12,946 Posts
Graham, I've just looked up my bills and both Bip and Drive, and Liber-t have exactly the same charges except for the tax - 20% for France, 21% for Spain and Portugal.

Please note tho that my Bip and Drive covers only Spain and Portugal.

I've sent them a query asking about adding France to the Bip and Drive, and also about paying in euro which wouavoid the variable foreign exchange rates and charges.

Ray, I see it in my Account details page, under My Tags, 6th column.

·
Premium Member
28,555 Posts
Nope Jean. Haven't actually got a "My Tags" tab. Ray.

TRACKING OF MY BADGES
Badge Number Subscription France Badge Creation Date Usage outside France ? Subscription outside France Vehicle Invoicing Type Actions
Bip&Go Pay As You Go
Modify
22/06/2016
Spain and Portugal
Change for Spanish, Portuguese, Italian model

At circulated month
DB858WH (France)
Modify
Electronic
Replace my defective badge
Declare a theft / loss
Order a badge or an accessory Modify my invoice type

·
Premium Member
2017 Hymer Exsis-i 504
12,946 Posts
On mine, My Tags is just a section further down the page and a table with headings:

Number
Type
Linked Car Registration*
Tag Location
Tag Status
Battery Lifetime
Current Balance (EUR)
Credit Amount (EUR) Detail

·
Premium Member
28,555 Posts
This is all I found in help and Battery.

How often do I need to change my badge?
The badge has an average lifespan of 5 years. As long as your badge is still being detected at the tolls, you can continue to use it. Otherwise, you may exchange it. See how to e

Ray.

·
Premium Member
10,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is all I found in help and Battery.

How often do I need to change my badge?
The badge has an average lifespan of 5 years. As long as your badge is still being detected at the tolls, you can continue to use it. Otherwise, you may exchange it. See how to e

Ray.
Not the greatest of advice really on the day it doesn't work when you are trying to use it! :grin2:

Even worse if you are in the 20kph lane :surprise:

·
Premium Member
28,555 Posts
Yes that did occur G. I will upgrade to a new one after we get back in March just in case.

Ray.

·
Premium Member
10,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My Liber-T tag is showing on my account as battery on the way out.

I'll cogitate on it but I think I'll jack it in and get a Bip&Go which covers France/Spain/Portugal/Italy. It makes sense as we always visit the first 2 in winter and mostly visit Italy in September.

·
Premium Member
10,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No problem Jean. I'll be making a decision today I expect.

Although when I get to use it might be another matter!

·
Premium Member
10,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I keep wondering about my battery Jean. I tried to see an indication of the battery state on my account before but never found anything at all. Maybe changing it for the Portugal included might give me a new lease of life. This one must be 4 years old now and still performing.

My account number G just in case is:- 081328919

Ray.
Raymondo - I just ordered a Bip&Go and used your account so you should have 4€ credit now.

I also got 4€ credit so thanks matey :smile2:

·
Premium Member
28,555 Posts
Thank you G. All contributions gratefully accepted.
I think I might have found out why my tag doesn't work in Portugal. My reg No has been wrongly recorded and is one digit out. Odd it's not been picked up in France and Spain for at least 4 years. So now I have corrected it we might get charged for venturing onto Portuguese motorways.

Ray.

·
Premium Member
2017 Hymer Exsis-i 504
12,946 Posts
My Liber-T tag is showing on my account as battery on the way out.

I'll cogitate on it but I think I'll jack it in and get a Bip&Go which covers France/Spain/Portugal/Italy. It makes sense as we always visit the first 2 in winter and mostly visit Italy in September.
I got a response to my queries this morning. Apparently you can't have a Bip n Go for France unless you're a French resident with a French Bank account.

Nor can you be billed in euro.

·
Premium Member
10,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That's interesting Jean as I just had confirmation that mine has just been posted to me and their website was very accommodating regarding allowing me to select the UK for my postal and billing address plus I used the IBAN for my bank account details. In fact they also emailed me my log in details for my account this morning.

To confirm I have selected the one covering France/Spain/Portugal/Italy for 14€. The other option is France/Spain/Portugal and not Italy for 10€.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts