Motorhome Facts Forum banner
41 - 60 of 97 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I'm guessing you still have to pay the tolls as well Raymondo!

·
Premium Member
28,629 Posts
Reactions: GMJ

·
Premium Member
2017 Hymer Exsis-i 504
13,019 Posts
Just seen an online offer for Ulys tag (Vinci). No upfront fee, 9 months free, thereafter €2 pm in months used. All 4 countries covered as well as parking lots. Google ulys offer.
More recent reviews are damning Viv - see here https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.vinci-autoroutes.com

From Oct 2020 - "Before we set off for France was told they do not accept uk bank accounts and to send my badge back which I have completely unused.
They now want 10 euros for a failed direct debit ???"

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
It came with one holder Jean. I didn't bother with an extra as I don't use the holder it comes with tbh.

Reactions: raynipper

·
Premium Member
2017 Hymer Exsis-i 504
13,019 Posts
Graham, how did you input Ray's code? I've put it in the box 'My promo code or my sponsor code' and I'm getting 'Incorrect value'.
@raynipper Ray, is it possible you've already claimed the max 5 recommendations?

·
Premium Member
28,629 Posts
Oh gosh Jean. I don't think I have had 5 recommendations. ....... yet. My account number is 081328919

I think I have just sent you a sponsor link Jean. I think.??

Ray.

·
Premium Member
2017 Hymer Exsis-i 504
13,019 Posts
Thanks for your email Ray, seems I had to say OK to the PARRAINAGE rather than overwrite it with your number and THEN add you code.

BUT.... it asked for the IBAN of my bank so had to look for that. When I came back the application had timed out. Next time it wouldn't accept the MH registration so I put in my car. Then it said my bank is not accessible for SEPA payments....

Graham, can I ask which bank you used? PM if you prefer. I was using Santander (which you would have thought would have been OK.)

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
I just emailed you before reading this thread: it was Lloyds Jean.

Looks like that wily old fox Ray beat me to the code number though....

·
Premium Member
2017 Hymer Exsis-i 504
13,019 Posts
Woohoo, finally got that done!

I had a Starling account so opened one of their euro accounts (which will work off the same card) and Bip&Go accepted the IBAN for that.

Now, I must remember to return the other 2 I have which were running out of battery anyway.

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Yes i need to return my Liberte tag when I get back. As I said in this thread earlier, the tolls managed to read it even though it was in a closed compartment in the MH. I have taken Ray's advice now and put it in the aluminium pouch that the B&G one came in.

Logically I shouldn't be charged for the same road twice and my first bills showed that too but still I could do without the confusion!

·
Premium Member
3,948 Posts
Thanks for the heads up Jean. Whaddamistakatamaka that would have been. Seems like their wheels fell off during the pandemic as before that they were rated!

Will read through the thread again to see which of the others were considered best unless someone reading this will save me the hassle and give me the info.

·
Premium Member
3,948 Posts
Thanks for the heads up Jean. Whaddamistakatamaka that would have been. Seems like their wheels fell off during the pandemic as before that they were rated!

Will read through the thread again to see which of the others were considered best unless someone reading this will save me the hassle and give me the info.

·
Premium Member
2017 Hymer Exsis-i 504
13,019 Posts
Graham seems to have managed to register with a UK account Viv but I couldn't with my Santander account. What I did was open a euro account with Starling (I already had a £ account with them) and it has its own IBAN info that satisfies for EU transactions.

You use the same card for £ and euro and the correct account will be used depending on the currency involved. Transferring across from £ to euro seems to be a pretty good rate plus a 0.04% transfer charge.

Having said all that, nothing has been taken from my account and the tag is on its way.

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·

I dropped you a PM Viv.

·
Premium Member
3,948 Posts
Thanks Graham Reading on my phone but need to fire up the computer to reply to you. But my answer is yes and thank you.

Reactions: GMJ
41 - 60 of 97 Posts