Motorhome Facts Forum banner
61 - 80 of 97 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 Hymer Exsis-i 504
13,019 Posts
I'd got mine recently - and very nearly left it behind!! Won't need it for a couple of weeks (or maybe at all) - that gives me time to get it stuck on the window!

I also had confirmation that my previous tags (Sanef n Bip n Drive) have been received and I will have €40 refunded - that's a good few coffees!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I hope its OK to jump in on this post? I have a twin axle motorhome that is 2.85m high and weighs 3.5t unladen and 4.5t fully freighted.
Emovis have informed me that I am unable to subscribe to the French Liber-T tag due to exceeding their maximum weight limit, however I am able to subscribe to their Spain/Portugal Via-T tag as their weight limit is 6t.

Would anyone know of a French tag that I could use at all please?

·
Premium Member
28,629 Posts
I did use my Bip n Go tag on my Tag Hobby a few years ago (6) without any problems here in France. But I can't say if it would work currently.

Ray.

Reactions: nidge1

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
I hope its OK to jump in on this post? I have a twin axle motorhome that is 2.85m high and weighs 3.5t unladen and 4.5t fully freighted.
Emovis have informed me that I am unable to subscribe to the French Liber-T tag due to exceeding their maximum weight limit, however I am able to subscribe to their Spain/Portugal Via-T tag as their weight limit is 6t.

I used my tag for a number years up until last year and never had any problems….
My Autotrail was 3m high and weighed 4.5 tons.
Nidge

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·

No problem at all: we have a tag axle that is a nudge over the 3m in height plus 5t fully laden. Never had a problem. The Bip&Go tag can be for France/Spain/Portugal or even France/Spain/Portugal/Italy for an extra 10€ I think.

We have used it extensively in France with no problem but didn't need to in Spain as we avoided toll routes there the whole time we were over there in Jan-March.

Reactions: raynipper

·
Premium Member
28,629 Posts
Just asked the company about battery status and received a reply they are good for between 5 to 7 years.
They said I could pop into anyone of their agents to get the battery tested but the nearest one is 240 km away. Really handy.

Ray.

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
The website for the Liberte TAG used to suggest when the battery would be low so you could swap the tag over. I haven't checked my B&P account yet to see if this is also the case there.

It's not that accurate to the exact status of the battery but served as a useful reminder.

·
Premium Member
28,629 Posts
I did wonder about opening it up and checking myself but it might be bugged.
After all I change many watch batteries and some of those can be challenging.

Ray.

·
Premium Member
3,948 Posts
Been trying to order a Bip&Go but the online system isnt working and hasnt been for some time. I can get as far as the sponsor code, then it has a wobbly and wont go any further. On the occasions that I've managed to pass this step, it doesnt like my reg nos. Any ideas?

• Wow

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Viv I mentioned some time ago to drop me a line with your name and email address and I can get you a 4€ discount if you want? Messaging is under 'Conversations' now, if you click on your avatar whilst on any forum page.

I cant remember the on line process but I know I didn't have any wobble with it. Capital/non capital letters maybe? Spacing/no spacing?

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Bit of info:

If you have a First Direct bank account you cannot use it to set up a Bip&Go account as FD do not accept SEPA Direct Debits (which is a pan European DD scheme).

I recently switched our main current account to FD and found out the hard way!

NB The 4€ discount is still on offer from Bip&Go to any newbie opening an account: just drop me a PM with your name and email address and I'll gladly set you up with it (I also get it).

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
I did wonder about opening it up and checking myself but it might be bugged.
After all I change many watch batteries and some of those can be challenging.

Ray.
Hi Ray,
just spotted your post and when I had my tag and think when it was about 5 years old I looked on my account and they flagged up that my battery was due for renewal and if I returned the tag they would send me a new tag out as the battery was not replaceable (well not diy) It was a while ago so can’t remember if there was a charge or not.

Hope you got sorted.
Nidge

·
Premium Member
28,629 Posts
Thanks Nidge. Tag still working well so far. Not sure how old at the moment as we changed it to the Spain & Portugal unit a few years ago. But I haven't seen anything on my account referring to the battery status.

Ray.

Reactions: nidge1

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
I posted this on another site Ray. It's a screenshot of my old Emovis Liberte Tag (the one I got rid of when I ordered the new Bip&Go). It shows the page on my account where the lifespan of the batteries is reported. I'm guessing it's not 'live' in terms of the batteries being smart enough to report in electronically; but rather it's done on date. Either way I thought it might be worth posting to see if you can find similar on your account Ray...

Product Green Rectangle Font Screenshot

·
Premium Member
28,629 Posts
This is all I can see G.
Product Rectangle Font Screenshot Line

Ray.

Reactions: GMJ

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
I see. My old one was the Liberte Emovis tag so I guess as my new one is the same company as yours, I'll be in a similar position.

I found this on the B&P website...

Your badge is designed to work for years (more than 5 years) even if it is not used for several months. It is therefore not necessary to replace your badge systematically if it is not defective. In order to preserve the environment, let's avoid unnecessary postal exchanges

·
Premium Member
28,629 Posts
But it will always be a worry as we approach the first toll booth heading for Portugal.

Ray.

• Wow
Reactions: nidge1 and GMJ

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Just an update on this for any prospective purchasers.

Before committing to buying a Bip&Go tag, check that your bank can do SEPA Direct debits. These are pan European DD's.

I recently changed our main bank current account to First Direct and then found out that they could not do SEPA DD's. So I then opened a bank account with HSBC...whom you would think would be fine however B&P did not recognise their IBAN number. So eventually I went back to Lloyds and opened an account with them which works just fine.

All a bit of a faff but the tag is very useful for us as Mrs GMJ struggles to use the machines at tolls. Plus we travel in Spain, France and Italy quote a lot and it covers all of those countries (and Portugal too).

If anyone wants one btw just drop me a line and I can give you a code so we both get 4€ off our bills. :)

61 - 80 of 97 Posts