Motorhome Facts Forum banner
21 - 40 of 77 Posts

· Premium Member
2007 Fiat Ducato Ace Siena 2.2 100 Multijet, Keighley, Still in Gods County.
44,901 Posts
I usually take the prime off and do just that once the package has arrived John, I've done it dozens of times this year with no problems.

Going back to lazy printers, Liz had a sandwich shop when we first met and I offered to do her pricelists in colour with pictures, so I bought a Samsung colour laser its footprint was almost the same size as the A4 paper and was a brilliant bit of kit until it stopped printing Jpgs for some reason, reinstalling the drivers etc did nothing so I sold it on eBay mentioning this problem, I got £50 for it.

this is the one I had
https://www.google.com/search?q=sam...VQBBWYQuw0I8wooAg#spd=14338655473922508425_kt

Reactions: eurajohn and patp

· Premium Member
44,901 Posts
Reactions: patp

· Premium Member
26,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Thanks Paul an Kev.
Searching for HP Laserjet Pro MFP M28w seems to always take me to Amazon and everything has a 'PRIME' label or indication. Most annoying.

But not too much more expensive than InkJets.

Ray.

· Premium Member
44,901 Posts
Just go with it Ray and opt out after delivery.

Reactions: erneboy and patp

· Premium Member
26,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Narrrrr, it's only B&W.

Ray.

· Premium Member
44,901 Posts

· Premium Member
26,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Thanks Kev but feel I need to actually do some research on the subject before considering the change.
As you might have noticed I tend to go for cheap tech as in todays fast moving world whats good today soon goes out of fashion or compatibility rapidly.
So rather than be forced to replace expensive and far more technical kit than I actually use, I'm happy to buy basic and cheaper that I can upgrade without tears or getting into debt.

Ray.

· Premium Member
44,901 Posts
I know what you mean but I totally disagree as with anything you should almost always buy the best you can as cheaper usually means older tech inside which will be the quickest to become unsupported.

Reactions: erneboy

· Premium Member
26,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Amazon has done it again and whilst checking the postage on an item I found myself signed up to Prime again.
Took an hour to try and unsubscribe and in the end phone them. They now say I have been unsubscribed but I will be checking my CC account all the time now.
Bluddy Amazon is a creeping virus.

Ray.

· Premium Member
44,901 Posts
Is it a case of not reading the screen Ray? I used to get the same, now i just pay up once a year.

· Premium Member
26,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Moneybags Kev.

Ray.

· Premium Member
44,901 Posts
No not really mate, just maths, Amazon is often the cheapest option and not paying delivery makes it even better, plus Prime videos too.

· Premium Member
44,901 Posts
I'm on a hilltop looking down on the Bristle channel

· Premium Member
Malibu PVC
31,190 Posts
Yep I price around for most things and still end up buying mostly from Amazon.

They are often cheapest or the same. I do pay for Prime but the savings I get on deliveries over a year are substantial and can be taken in to account when shopping around. Maths as Kev says.

I always try to buy anything easily broken in transit or anything complicated from Amazon because returns are so easy, also clothes.

Get a laser printer is my advice. I have my old Brother Laser Printer, copier, scanner from my office. It's small enough, fast and the quality is great. It gets a fair bit of use, mainly because neighbours know we have it unfortunately. It must be approaching 20 years old and is on its second cartridge.

· Premium Member
26,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
As we rarely buy 'stuff' and only very occasionally from Amazon maybe every two years, Prime is not an option. I'm happy to buy whats necessary locally apart from some high tech. Ha ha.
But I feel the ease at which Amazons sucks you in is only adding to landfill and stuff we don't really need.

Ray.

· Premium Member
19,352 Posts
[QUOTE="erneboy, post: 3256955, member: 102863"
Get a laser printer is my advice. I have my old Brother Laser Printer, copier, scanner from my office. It's small enough, fast and the quality is great. It gets a fair bit of use, mainly because neighbours know we have it unfortunately. It must be approaching 20 years old and is on its second cartridge.
[/QUOTE]

I see Laser scanners/printers are quite expensive. I don´t know how long the latest Canon printer I bought from MediaMarkt will last on the colours that come with it, new ones are nearly the same price as the printer was. I don´t use it very much, but try to remember if I say it´s packed up, tell me to buy a laser.

· Premium Member
19,352 Posts
As we rarely buy 'stuff' and only very occasionally from Amazon maybe every two years, Prime is not an option. I'm happy to buy whats necessary locally apart from some high tech. Ha ha.
But I feel the ease at which Amazons sucks you in is only adding to landfill and stuff we don't really need.
Ray.
If you live in the "Arch Der Welt" like wot I do, you'd be glad of Amazon to buy the "stuff" you need and sometimes stuff you just want.

21 - 40 of 77 Posts