Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you tell me your favorite motorhome reference book. Which books would you consider a "must have" for those of us just starting out. I'm sure you have a book or two that you refer to often. How about some names and authors. Thanks, Norman

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Think that MMM is the favourite source of info for motorhomers, with a high % of content from readers. Forums such as this can be a great benefit as there is a wealth of experience in readers and contributors.

·
Registered
58 Posts
books for beginners

Norman
" The motorhome manual " by John Wickerham ( I tnink thats his name ) is one of the best around very comprehensive in every department.
mike. b

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Beginners Books

I agree the MMM montly is great but for the raw beginner like me it tends to be very technical, hopefully one day with every one contributing towards this site we will be able to build up an idiots guide on such subjects as Invertors, Generators, Solar Panels, etc etc. I see from time to time all these items on the E-bay caravan site and I am just very interested to know more about them.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
I think you are right Justice, on a site like this there is a wealth of experience that we can all benefit and make use of and covering all models from the vintage to this years models. We can all tap each others brains without it being painfull. This is still a young site but I think David has done a good job on it

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I agree pretty much with what's been said,
MMM is a good starter source, and they also operate a good web site, if distinctly exclusive for the forums. The archive is useful thou I've not been on for nearly a year [exclusivity bit in part] - and since I explored the web and found other forums haven't missed it one bit, it's main advantage was that it concentrated on MHs - and now we've got this!! :D :D :D .
When out and about it's all about maps and the stuff mentiond by autostartus oops autostratus - finger trouble agin :?
must take more water with it :oops:
The content on this site has really built up since David started it, and has the advantage that any queries can be quickly resolved in the forum.
[What did we all do before the net when we couldn't go camping!?
8)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Twooks, everything you have said about David is 100% correct, we are very fortunate having a site like this. I am a novice to this whole thing as soon as I get up in the morning, back from lunch and after work I log in immediately. I love the Forums here is a copy what I put in the guest book.
QUOTE START
Considering this site is just over three months old, it gives me the impression it will succeed big time. With all the motorhome and caravan club sites on the net it is great to see a site run by some one that is knowledgeable on this subject that looks as if he is enjoying it. Keep up the good work. There is a lovely feel about this site In the end it is not the number of hits that count, it is the number of members signed up that actually use it and help by making contributions. This site needs to be everything for everybody connected with the great pleasure of owning a motorhome. With the active support of the members, this site has the potential of being the premier site in this sector. Just be patient and watch this tiny seed grow into a beautiful big sunflower and we all share in the satisfaction of saying we all helped in a small way to have made it possible. Norman & Noeme QUOTE END

·
Vendor
18,541 Posts
Thanks all for the positive comments I do try and keep updating the site and 'Tuning' it to peoples needs and uses ;)

I am also in the process of doing some major updates / overhauls if i can only get some time to do it in :) I am also involved in a separate project completely separate to this helping out my sister in law, she is a very experienced vetinerary nurse with >8 years experience under her belt and is starting her own business and wanted other stuff to occupy herself in her spare time and thats where i came in hence the website www.vetpro.co.uk, its completely brand new and the wrapping has only just come off, its not advertised anywhere or even submitted to the search engines yet, but its purpose is threefold, firstly its to be a central repository of information for the veterinary community similar to this website is for the motorhomers, it secondly is going to be a source for locums (Temporary contract veterinary staff) finding their next contract positions, and finally as an advice centre for concerned animal lovers, i.e. there is going to be a section on the forum whereby people can post any enquiries ref pet care and my sister in law will endeavour to answer any queries to the best of her abilities.

The site also has a newer version of the Photo Gallery installed on this site which i may upgrade MHFacts to it in the future and allows pet owners to upload photos of their animals to.

the website if any of you are interested is www.vetpro.co.uk it is open for business now but is in a fledgling state such as this site was 3 months ago and needs momentum to grow and again thanks for the great feedback, a site is nothing without people to use it though :cat:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.