Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 2003 Globetrotter Advantage and the other half has managed to break off the radio aerial that's fitted on the driver's side of the front wing!
It has a push-in fitting and we're struggling to find a replacement, we can only find screw-in ones. Any advice would be welcome.

·
Premium Member
28,159 Posts
Hello. Are you sure it's a push-in.?

Ray.

·
Premium Member
28,159 Posts
OK, the only push in ariel connections I remember are very old ones. I haven't seen one this century. How about a picture?

Ray.

·
Premium Member
4,806 Posts
Yes. We've removed the whole aerial and it has a push in connection, not a screw.

What part actually pushes in Kaze? Why not purchase a new aerial and be done with it, although by doing this you may have to tune the radio to the new aerial.

As Ray has said "A picture paints a thousand words".

·
Premium Member
4,806 Posts
As much as I would like to help Kaze I just don't know what part of the aerial is push in or screwed.

The cable has a push in connector to connect it to the car, there are various methods to connect it to the aerial itself, although on a new aerial the cable is already connected.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Radio-Aerial-Antenna-Plug-electrosmart®/dp/B0035KLCHW.

Is there anything on the above site that resembles what you are after?

·
Premium Member
28,159 Posts

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Check inside the aerial body as it's probably a screw in fitting and the threaded part (above the break) will still be there. I managed to screw the broken part in a car aerial out using a slotted screwdriver.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.