Motorhome Facts Forum banner

BT Total Broadband

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  JohnsCrossMotorHomes 
#1 ·
Having lost my provider and having to change I have decided to go for BT
Any probs? Any comments? How do I connect my wireless printer server to the Hub?

#2 ·
Hi,

Been with them for 2 years. Connection is good, although it gets a little slow as soon as the kids come home from school, I suspect everyone is the same these days, the hub has wired connections as well as the wireless, so however you did it with your previous company it will be the same.

PhilJ

#3 ·
was with bt 6 months connection was good, but between my previous supplier talk talk out of the blue i got cut off, and transferred back to talk talk when work in local exchange was being done, each blamed each other, bt did not want to know but kept taking my money each month, spent hours and hours on phone to india (waste of time they,re like robots) to no avail, eventually lost patience and cancelled d debit with bt, (talk talk was free because of phone package we had altho broadband was useless.) i was then pursued by debt collectors for remainder of contract, ended up in court where judge saw sense and got re-imbursed and compemsated, so good luck. with sky now abs brilliant

#4 ·
Been with BT on option 3 for years.

Easy setup at the start & only lost conection a couple of times. (not bad considering i live in the sticks about 5 miles from the nearest exchange).

Speed good until the little darlings get home from school.

Overall not bad considering the complaints i`ve heard about other providers.

:D

#5 ·
Hi. I had been with BT Broadband (not Wireless) for years and decided to upgrade to their BT Broadban Talk which gave me Wireless plus mobile phone and landline BT Talk handsets. Wireless connection is next to useless despite the hub being within twenty feet of the PC. As for the Talk handsets, forget it. They cannot be relied upon. Every morning and occasionally during the day I have to go to each handset and re-boot it by taking the batteries out and re-inserting them so that they re-configure to the hub. I now have to have a handset permanently plugged in to the line so that I have a guarantee of a connection for emergencies.

#6 ·
monkton said:
Hi. I had been with BT Broadband (not Wireless) for years and decided to upgrade to their BT Broadban Talk which gave me Wireless plus mobile phone and landline BT Talk handsets. Wireless connection is next to useless despite the hub being within twenty feet of the PC. As for the Talk handsets, forget it. They cannot be relied upon. Every morning and occasionally during the day I have to go to each handset and re-boot it by taking the batteries out and re-inserting them so that they re-configure to the hub. I now have to have a handset permanently plugged in to the line so that I have a guarantee of a connection for emergencies.
Sounds like you may have some interference there! Have you tried changing the wireless channel to see if you can improve the situation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.