Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you must be wondering how I manage to spend so much time posting all these stupid question. The truth is I am being forced to take what is left over of my 2003 holiday this week and after I have done all the work that madam wants me to do, the day is mine. I dare not venture out because it is so cold and windy here in the IOM , the next best thing is to sit by the fire side and shoot off questions, which hopefully some of you will find interesting to answer.

The quesion is

Would you consider buying a motorhome from an auction ? If not why not .

I see there is a useful web site for mobile home auctions

www.commercialauctionview.com

I bought my motorhome from a dealer who I suspect bought it from auction, bearing in mind the previous owner was from the UK.

·
Premium Member
10,389 Posts
justice said:
www.commercialauctionview.com

I bought my motorhome from a dealer who I suspect bought it from auction, bearing in mind the previous owner was from the UK.
It doesn't necessarilly follow. There is a system of the bigger dealers selling on to smaller dealers just as with cars.

We know this because a dealer in the S of England 'phoned us to ask for details of servicing etc of our last motorhome which we traded in to a large dealer in the East Midlands. It was only a short time after the sale and he told us he regularly bought from that big dealer.

The annoying part was that he was asking for information we had given when we passed over a fat folder to them. They had even failed to give him both sets of keys. What an organisation.

Gillian

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.