Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yup i got 1 and it is a problem
using a mirror mount with ground plain on the roof bars (no boots on) every time i key up the t.v. audio cuts out, no matter what way status aerial points,
any help please, long haired one most upset!!!
Mike

·
Registered
293 Posts
hi i have a c.b in mine but it dose not wipe out the t.v are u using a booster if not. have tired a s w r meter on it and what do u have it wired into u mite be getting a bad earth

·
Registered
20,116 Posts
Many things spring to mind,first is it a UK set and not a yank set.as the latter will certainly cut over the TV and anything else close.
Have you run the supply feed direct from the battery with an online fuse at the batt end.rather than from piggy backing onto elsewhere.and as already said use a swr meter.

cabby

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
You are very lucky if a terestrial TV is not wiped out by a 4 watt CB in the same vehicle.

But things to try if you can.

Mount the CB antenna well above the van and well above the TV antenna.
Mount the CB antenna at the other end of the van.
Make sure you dont have a VCR in line because the pre-amp in this is broad band and will amplify the signal from the CB

Set the power switch on the CB to 0,4 watt.

Give the long haired one a stiff G&T - or three.

C.

10-4

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Hi Mike,

Based on CB radios of yesteryear they are so poorly made that you will get many harmonics coming out of the aerial. Any one of which is likely to interfere with your TV.

4 watts is a lot of power on these frequencies and that alone could cause a problem.

However, I cannot speak for modern ones, they may well have improved the design.

Regards

Chris

·
Registered
222 Posts
You could try connecting a TVI 'low pass' filter in-line with the coax (the closer to the CB end, the better) they can be bought for about £10.

Check your SWR is below 1:1.5

Is you CB and TV getting power from the same line? That could be an issue.

Good luck!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.