Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

What am I (or rather is he) doing wrong?!?! We have taken out the Cadac twice so far this season and it's been a disaster. We mainly use the BBQ type bit of it but there is lots of black smoke emanating from it. Tried to cook the sausages on it the other day but they were covered in grey soot almost immediately.

What's happening? We clean it after every use (a big chore) and just can't figure out what's going on!!

I'm about ready to throw the cadac out.

HELP

Please

Arizona :cry:

·
Premium Member
23,180 Posts
Hi Arizona

Black smoke suggests not enough air.

Try poking the spiders' nests out of the venturi tube. In case you don't know, that's the tube immediately beyond the gas jet where the gas mixes with the air before it is burned. It will be about 4 or 5 inches long, so make sure you give it a good prodding. 8O

It's open at the end so quite easy to firtle a pipe cleaner (or similar) in there.

Hope this helps

Dave

·
Registered
10 Posts
You will find there is a blue plastic flute in the stem of the cadac which melts if you loose gas pressure or if the plastic flute in the wrong position,If you undoo six screws at the base where the hose goes in, if you push something up the stem and push the blue plastic flute out and leave it out it works fine without, Ihope this has helped

·
Premium Member
23,180 Posts
Arizona said:
Great stuff guys, thank you.

Off out now to clear my tubes & flutes :lol:

It is truly amazing the things you learn on this site!

Arizona
Let us know what it was please.

There isn't a blue plastic thing on ours, unless we have already incinerated it!! 8O 8O

Hence I was opting for the spiders. :? :D

Dave

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok Guys

Have a metal pipe here, it's the long one that comes directly out of the base of the cadac(Venturi tube??). When I look through it I can see that there is something inside it, that looks as if it has melted out of shape! It would appear to be made of some sort of metal or could be solid plastic. Is this the flute mentioned??

Arizona

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi there

Update - I got it out, it is a piece of black plastic tubing!! One wonders at the sense of putting that inside something that gets soooo hot!!

Thanks for the input, hopefully that's the end of the sooty food for us!!

Regards

Arizona

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Dave

Got it out, not sure whether or not it should be there!!

Maybe someone else with a cadac could look down their tube and see if they've got one or not!!

Regards

Arizona

·
Premium Member
23,180 Posts
Arizona said:
Hi Dave

Got it out, not sure whether or not it should be there!!

Maybe someone else with a cadac could look down their tube and see if they've got one or not!!

Regards

Arizona
Light the barbie Arizona.

If it gets hot and doesn't smoke, I'd say you have fixed it. :D

Well done. :D

Dave

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.